Discuss What courses are needed to become a domestic electricin? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

deb0and

Hi everyone

This is my first post so if its in the wrong place my apologies.

I have searched and searched and to be honest there are a thousand and one companies out there that will train me, which is good but they all say i need something different, so this is why i am here.

I would like to know what courses i need to take to become a domestic electrician? Just in a list in plain old English. I would like to work on a self employed basis as well. All i want to do is to be able to carry out work within homes, add new sockets, re-wires, new electric boxes etc.

Your time and help is much appreciated.

Andy

Hi everyone

I have searched and searched and to be honest there are a thousand and one companies out there that will train me, which is good but they all say i need something different, so this is why i am here.

I would like to know what courses i need to take to become a domestic electrician? Just in a list in plain old English. I would like to work on a self employed basis as well. All i want to do is to be able to carry out work within homes, add new sockets, re-wires, new electric boxes etc.

Andy

Hi there check out your local college they can always help

Hi everyone

Andy

Apparently you need to do city and guilds 2330 electro technical engineering levels 2 & 3(3 years at college) then to be followed up by NVQ level 2 & 3. Also you need the part p course to enable you to certify your own work:confused:

have alook at the schemes, such as niceic, napit etc and find out what they require, I think niceic to become registered, is 17th + eal DIS, (thats of them) but they allow all different quals etc... hope that helps

Hi everyone

Andy
There is only the recognised route which is the 2365/02-03. Assuming you are not looking for an apprenticeship. You will need to bolt on the 18th edition and the NVQ with AM2. This gives you the credible route to be a qualified electrician. Don’t be tempted by the quick Part P in 4 weeks, in my opinion they are watering down our industry and potentially setting you up for a fall. A craftsmen takes time to train.

Reply to What courses are needed to become a domestic electricin? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net