Discuss What courses should I be thinking about? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

marb

Hi,

I work in the entertainment industry doing sound and lighting for festivals, concerts and corporate events. A lot of my work involves temporary power, be that for sound/lighting/video etc at a festival, or powering toilets and fridge trucks and lighting and catering in a marquee for weddings/corporate events.

Obviously this power has to be signed off in accordance with BS7671 and BS7909. I currently have no electrical qualifications, though know a reasonable amount (Obviously I don't sign the power off at the moment).

I am thinking I should take a 17th edition course (C&G2382) and a BS7909 course. I don't want to become a full blown electrician but do want to be safe and competent to sign these distributions off. Are there other courses I should be thinking about? I don't have infinite time/money, but am certainly open to suggestions.

Thanks

If your running temporary supplies and you want to verify and test your own work, you should maybe consider the 2391 as well as the 2382. I'm not familiar with BS 7909, is that something to do with the entertaiment industry regarding generators and the like?

There are many good books available these days on testing that will introduce you to the types of tests and explain why they are done.

Reply to What courses should I be thinking about? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock