Discuss What CSA is the Neutral conductor in this split load 17th CU unit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

freedomrun

Had a look at a split load 17th edition RCD CU, quite new - one of the sides has a solid copper neutral that runs off to the Neutral bar on the DP isolator of the CU. Basically, due to a loose connection, a bit of Arking has gone on and made a mess. I want to put a new Neutral in to replace the damaged one - what is the CSA of the conductor used in these CU's (it's just a solid copper bar that has blue insulation and bends around the back of the MCB's) I want to replace it with some new cable, the DP switch is rated at 100A on the CU. I'm thinking it may be 16mm, just want some advice please. Also - would this just be a maintenance issue or should i issue a MW also?

I've plenty of 16mm CPC, seems silly going to buy more copper when only the insulation colour is different, I have 25mm tails, no 16mm in blue at the mo.

Reply to What CSA is the Neutral conductor in this split load 17th CU unit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello. New member here. Electrical enthusiast. I am at a friend's house in the Bahamas and decided to look at the load center in the house, which...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know what the cable in the picture is called? Or anything about it? Labelling on the outside is “E SPC Electric Cable 600/1000v” Its...
Replies
Views
Hi All I'm new here. I have just finished my NVQ and waiting to do my AM2. I have a question on selectivity as it has always slightly confused me...
Replies
Views
Hi was recently at a property and was installing a Solar PV system. was doing my testing and i came across a weird result when doing the...
Replies
Views
Hello All I was pondering an idea recently regarding the ground connection to my property. At present it has a combined Neutral to earth at the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock