Discuss What do i do now! in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
ok so i wired up my pendant light but took it down again because the skirt wouldn't screw all the way up on to my existing ceiling rose because of the nut and that pushing against the wires (13 wires in there so not much space).
I dont think i can just use the metal light socket of my pendant light so what do i have to do in order to get this flush to the ceiling please?.
I have no idea about this sort of stuff.

Attachments

• What do i do now! IMG_0114.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
    IMG_0114.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 31
The new fitting must have come with a bracket because that will not thread to a ceiling rose base.

The new fitting must have come with a bracket because that will not thread to a ceiling rose base.
hello
yes it did but i couldn't screw it all way up because to many wires i think pushing against the metal nut.
I dont know how to go about it.

The ceiling rose needs removing and conductors connected as flat as possible using 221 Wago connectors within the new ceiling cover. Can you show the inside of the old ceiling rose.

The ceiling rose needs removing and conductors connected as flhmmmm think it be better to wait until i can find someone to do it for a score
The ceiling rose needs removing and conductors connected as flat as possible using 221 Wago connectors within the new ceiling cover. Can you show the inside of the old ceiling rose.
hmmmmm these pics are not crystal clear but ok ish

Attachments

• What do i do now! IMG_0117.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
    IMG_0117.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 26
  • What do i do now! IMG_0118.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
    IMG_0118.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 25
  • What do i do now! IMG_0119.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
    IMG_0119.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 23
Does the bracket not fit over the rose base.

I am not convinced the lamp holder does not require an earth. Can you get it apart.

Didn't we have this same thread the other day?

Didn't we have this same thread the other day?

Similar but a different light and different person.
I think.

No it is the same person but I just let the thread roll.

Reactions: DPG

Reply to What do i do now! in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock