Discuss What do I need for a emergency lighting cert in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Rauer

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi been asked to do an emergency lighting cert for a company I do a fair amount of electrical work for , is there any particular course or registration that I need?

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
No you do a monthly test which is switch off and prove there all working and a yearly test were you do the 3 hour test you can down load the Certs

M

MarkieSparkie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I suppose the sarcastic answer to thread title would be a pen to complete the form.:tongue3:

M

MarkieSparkie

BS 5266 says where national regulations do not apply the following checks shall be completed:

Daily:
Visual confirmation of LED indicators, central battery cubicles, self-contained units etc.
Monthly:
Duration testing (Partial Duration)
Check condition of fittings, present? Clean? Functioning correctly?
Annually:
Duration testing (Full Duration)

The reason for partial duration on the monthly test is to limit the risk posed by draining the batteries do. If there was a true emergency just after you had just completed a full duration test the emergency lights would not have had sufficient time to fully recharge.

BS5266 says a log book shall be kept on the premises in the care of a responsible person appointed by the occupier/owner and shall be readily available for examination by any duly authorized person.

The log book shall be used to record at least the following information:-

1. Date of commissioning including certificates
  2. PIR dates
  3. Dates & brief service details, inspection or test
  4. Dates & brief details of any remedial works
  5. Dates & brief details of any alterations to the system
  6. If any auto test devices exist, the main characteristics and the mode of operation shall be described.

1shortcircuit

I suppose the sarcastic answer to thread title would be a pen to complete the form.:tongue3:
It's nice to see amongst all those very informative posts you provide that you can add a little sense of humour too :D

:thumbsup

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

Reply to What do I need for a emergency lighting cert in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
Top Bottom