Discuss What do i need to make this? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

Alexdaman

Hi there, im trying to make the two circuits below, its for a bell-ringing simulator, and i dont really understand circuit diagrams too well...
What do i need to make this? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

And also..

Im confused as to what GND (i assume the Debounce circuit is the top one) and also what the little symbol by GND means.

I would really be grateful if you could give product codes for suppliers, as im not too good on electronic symbols/diagrams.

Many many thanks,
alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there, im trying to make the two circuits below, its for a bell-ringing simulator, and i dont really understand circuit diagrams too well...

And also..

Im confused as to what GND (i assume the Debounce circuit is the top one) and also what the little symbol by GND means.

I would really be grateful if you could give product codes for suppliers, as im not too good on electronic symbols/diagrams.

Many many thanks,
alex
eeh, the gnd and little symbol mean ground(0v)aka earth
D diode
R resistor
TR transistor
ic1 integrated circuit (microchip)
vr variable resistor
c capacitor
v volts
However if you havn't got the basics why are you even attempting ?

Whats the worst that could happen?
I doubt a 9V battery shock would kill me.

How do you ground a circuit operated by a battery though :S

Last edited by a moderator:
you dont, the battery is seperate from earth and hence the earth path is incomplete and a circuit cannot be made through you and back to the battery, so no current is delivered

So this can't actually be made using a 9V battery?

I'm no electronics expert,but the way I read it gnd=0volt-----the negative of battery.But perhaps the drawing is suggesting 0v and 5-9volt and signal connections are derived from computer.?

thats what i initially thought, because on the website it says that the power can be drawn from an external source (9-5V) or through the PC. I thought the same about the Grounded end being the negative side to the battery

And also..

Many many thanks,
alex

is gnd ground the zero volt point on the computer input or is it the -ve point of a bridge rectifier circuit ie output ground or even transformer ground ?

sorry cant be more specific ;)

cheers

Hi. Gnd is the 0V of the circuit, which will also be connected to the of the computer input. Don't think of it as an electrician type ground, think of it lik the negative (chassis) earth of a car. Is this circuit feeding into the parallel port of your computer?

Hope this helps, Daz.

Reply to What do i need to make this? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock