Discuss What do you drive? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

sparkz

Hiya......just want to know how people get to work. What van / car you drive? How is it for space? or do you get the public transport?

I drive a Nissan Skyline GTR. I also race this too, going to York Raceway on the 13th of this month.

Its a killer on fuel, about £70 every 8 days or so.

:eek::D

I drive a Nissan Skyline GTR. I also race this too, going to York Raceway on the 13th of this month.

Its a killer on fuel, about £70 every 8 days or so.

:eek::D
and my other one is ......!
which ever heap of filthy(inside and out ) rusting ,dented,oil leaking slow as f**k works van i get given

the new style astra van. Was good when I 1st got it, step up from a car (space wise) Now im looking at getting something bigger

i got a new shape astra had it just over a year, i like it cause its got all mod cons like bluetooth phone that displays the caller id on the dash and steering wheel controll, but as for actually getting anything in it, its preety much pointless, but i like that haha.

i mainly get the train to work as most of my work is in the city so parkign can be a bitch, and my company pick the bill up for the van and train so im winning both ways.

I have a Mitsubishi FTO (heavily modded) which I enter into shows, a Works Transit van and a VW Passat to tow the family around in.

I got a vauxhall movano, original a ex demo, so loads of extra's. Nice drive, loads of room can even get 3.2mtr triple ladder in the back.

New shape Citreon Dispatch
Good size but cheap french rubbish keeps breaking down.fuel lasts well though, mainly cos its always in the shop getting fixed!!!:mad:

I did until I got my Tranny. Very nice indeed - would have another tomorrow instead of my ugly 'builders hairy assed' tranny.

im currently using my boot in my mk2 mondeo! im off van shopping in a bit and have been thinking about vivaro or renault/nissan variant.

however im undecided ive heard a lot of bad things bout these vans, what with fuel pumps, injectors, gearbox, clutch probs to name a few!!

yeh transits do have that stigma but to be honest im thinking about getting a swb base one, any ideas anyone?

dont want anything too small like burlingo's etc, caddies are ace vans but also just a little too small! i hate having to stack stuff on top of other stuff when loading un loading!!

rich

just to add ive been comparing volume (load space) of a few vans: transit connect 2.8m, vw caddy 3.2m, merc vito 4.65m, transit swb 6.5m, vivaro 5.0m

yeah sad i know this is my list of vans i could get but dont know which too get!!, thinking of avoiding vivaro, so think its between caddy, vito and transit.

quite tricky tho cos its hard to work out how much room you really need! if you wanna transport endless ammounts of gear around for maintainance purpoeses as well as tonnes of cable i suppose it would be the vito or transit?

any of you peeps no if you can get a pair of steps in a caddy ok?

rich

Last edited:
Renault Kangoo 1.5dci, ex british gas, fully racked out, towbar and roof rack fitted. 40-50 mpg.
no probs whatsoever.
would recommend, if you can handle a bit of a tight space. and don't mind strapping a few bits to the roof.
can't justify a bigger thirstier van at the moment and work on own so need all materials at hand.#
get most large items delivered as most wholsalers will at short notice.
so all good.
:D

off too buy a tranny connect lwb 2moro, yipee!!

Hi
Bloody good vans,Got offered one a few weeks ago for 200 quid all it neaded was a fan as the old one had a blade missing ,it shuddered a bit when idleing but went ok ,bit noisy though but old deisels are,it was ex telecom and there serviced regular ,but some builder had had it and as far as i know he got the brakes done,i was going to have it for the engine and swap it with an old petrol out of a pickup,but the pickup was newer and had different mountings.shame i think it was worth the money,its hard to get them at the right price ,most get shipped to india or africa,i think ive got an exahst someware that should fit a connect,but yorks maybee a bit far to drop it round ,they tend to rust bad and its handy to have a spare
good luck with it;)

Reply to What do you drive? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock