Discuss What do you hate most about your job and why? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

The lack of understanding of the technical level of knowledge required to complete the training from all those we have to work with. At the college I work at, our line manager is a bricky by trade and he is an absolute idiot.

of recent the worst bit is payment :) apart from that its the chopping out I reckon or the cables they want routing but with nothing taken up, I am quite good with magic but wireless cables I can`t do as yet :D

Rewiring some lower class peoples house , sticnk of pee ,grease every where yuk
You've reminded me of another one.
The company I work for does a lot of commercial work which means at some point working in kitchens of pubs etc.
The grease and fat is disgusting especially when you have to change a light over in a canopy!

The lack of understanding of the technical level of knowledge required to complete the training from all those we have to work with. At the college I work at, our line manager is a bricky by trade and he is an absolute idiot.

i would hate that also Widdler.

im not an electrical genius, but all my boss knows is how to run cables from a to B. he is technically incompetent. it winds me up that i have to run things past him, and he gets the credit for the jobs being done. it also winds me up that some of the jobs that we install are bad designs (not unsafe), and people might think that i designed it like that.

You've reminded me of another one.
The company I work for does a lot of commercial work which means at some point working in kitchens of pubs etc.
The grease and fat is disgusting especially when you have to change a light over in a canopy!

Agreed, the smell is disgusting and to think that we have to eat in these pubs!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

On the subject of grease, another thing i hate is working on old installs where the cables are short, and leaning over worktops to see what your doing, and the bottom of the cupboard being greasy, and you rubbing your head on it!!

I was working at the top of some silos all last week. 96 steps to climb with all my gear.... getting set up and then realising I need something else from the van...... getting to the top again to realise I need something else from the van.... getting to the top and realising I need something else from the Van... get my point?

Oh, then the mobile rings and I have to go to a break down.

Three words and they are all paperwork.

Reply to What do you hate most about your job and why? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net