Discuss what fuse type cut out do i have? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

ste_miller21

once again im in need of someone's knowledge. ive just been testing my house today. but when it comes to the cert i think the cut out fuse is a BSEN 1361 type 2 100A: if so is the sort circuit capacity 33 KA?

also how do you identify what type main fuse is fitted? i know it usually says on the fuse but some numpty has put a sticker over the top of the main cut out, and when i try remove it the information peals off with the sticker.

also is it possible to open the cut out fuse to take the information from the fuse its self?

if its any help its a 230V tn-c-s system.

usually a BS1361 now largely superceded by BS88. And the answer to going into the cutout is I wouldn`t recommend it mate......just a bit of safety advice for you mate as if you try to pull the fuse carrier and it disintegrated in your hand you end up with a fistful of copper and whatever the PFC is here (environmental conditions and footware etc taken into account here of course) you can put it down as a BS1361 on an installation cert....

Last edited:
oh no, im not that stupid to go in to the cut out. but once the main fuse has been pulled out of the cut out. is it possible to unscrew the case (and read the information from the actual fuse its self? not inside the cut out.

to read the fuse you will have to break the seal and pull the fuse. you could ring DNO to ask what type of fuse it is, and the answer will probably be " it's a round one, mate"

ok, its outside the house in the dark so ill take a photo in the morning and post it. thanks.

just put BS1361 and LIM the SIZE and KA rating....!! is it for assessment?? if so they wont really care if you lim it as you can say DNO removed fuse and reinstaed it so i never saw it...!

ok so ive talked to DNO and they say that the cut out is a 60Amp even though it says on the cut out that its a 100A (on the case). i also got a letter today saying that YEDL are coming out within the next 4 - 6 weeks to up grade the cut out.

Just out of interest, ...How long has the BS 88 replaced the BS1361 cut out fuse?? It can't be that long ago. So i would imagine there are still far more of the BS1361 fuses out there still, than the BS88's....

Just out of interest, ...How long has the BS 88 replaced the BS1361 cut out fuse?? It can't be that long ago. So i would imagine there are still far more of the BS1361 fuses out there still, than the BS88's....

I'd put money on that eng.

Reply to what fuse type cut out do i have? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock