Discuss What is an electric "amp"-? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I believe "current" is the rate of flow
I believe "watts" volume of mass
I believe "volts" is the force
Then again I am not sure.

Then again all the above are means to measure something from different points of view while not understanding/explaining what "it" is.

I believe "current" is the rate of flow
I believe "watts" volume of mass
I believe "volts" is the force
Then again I am not sure.

Then again all the above are means to measure something from different points of view while not understanding/explaining what "it" is.

This may help

volts is an potential didfference, or electrical "pressure" between points. current will flow from 1 point to another (amps), matgnitude dependentt on impedance betweenthepoints. aas an analogy. a largeg bore water pipe will carry a largge volume of water. whereas a narrow pipe will restrictthe flow. (think of a thicker cable passing more current). watts is the actual power dissipated by the cable and the load., Volts X amps.

An amp is a certain number of electrons flowing in a certain time. If you want the exact numbers it's 6,240,000,000,000,000,000 electrons flowing per second.

This may help
Thank you for the link. I have created a link to review in the future. Now please do me a favor and look over the attached drawing. I have been told that it will not work and yet no one could tell me why. On a side note, this model could be scaled down.

You will need to scale the drawing down. The current scale is one to one.

wish you and yours the best today and forever more

Attachments

• SEAPOWER44 (1)_optimize.pdf
    84.3 KB · Views: 18
Thank you for the link. I have created a link to review in the future. Now please do me a favor and look over the attached drawing. I have been told that it will not work and yet no one could tell me why. On a side note, this model could be scaled down.

I somehow knew what this diagram would be, perhaps I am psychic.

What has it got to do with your original question re volts/amps though?

My suspicion is that someone has this idea that if we attached a "bubble" to a cable it will pull the cable up and the bubble will expand as it rises and the pressure drops. So all we need to do is keep creating those bubbles and we've a source of energy - which of course is the mythical perpetual motion machine as we'd need to put energy in to get the bubble down to depth in the first place, and losses would mean less out than we put in.

Or perhaps, the suggestion is that the "current" is not constant - if measuring by volume, the air current is lower at the bottom of the system than at the top. But that's because it's measuring the wrong thing - the mass is constant, but as it's compressible it changes volume.

You have been told repeatedly why it will not work, yes it will generate energy, which will be somewhat less than the energy needed to compress the gas to form the bubbles at depth.

It doesn't matter how many times you ask the same question, the answer is going to be the same.

Last edited:
"What is an electric amp?"
What is an electric "amp"-? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Reply to What is an electric "amp"-? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock