Discuss What is best route to go if I wanted to re-train as an electrician? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

electrica

I was looking at a career change- currently I am working in an office and wanted to try my hand at electrical installation but I'm unsure what is the best way to go.

I had a look at college courses who offer level 1's which take a year to complete and they obviously don't you move on to level 2 with out the basic level 1.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks

IMO, the only way to really learn the trade and be an 'electrician' not a domestic installer. Is an apprenticeship.
But, depends on financial situation as the money will be rubbish!!

I was looking at a career change- currently I am working in an office and wanted to try my hand at electrical installation but I'm unsure what is the best way to go.

I had a look at college courses who offer level 1's which take a year to complete and they obviously don't you move on to level 2 with out the basic level 1.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks

I deliver NVQ L1 and 2 in 22 weeks, 4 day block release, with one day doing a BTech NC, so 5 days block release for 22 weeks. Once L1 and 2 are complete, you go out into the workplace and do NVQ L3, this can take up to another 3 years, you will complete the BTechNC in 2 or 3 years depending on the pathway you are put on, and this is decided by your ability when you are tested at the recruitment stage prior to commencing the apprenticeship.

You dont mention your age, or circumstances, as these things will influence your decisions.

There are no real shortcuts to getting qualified in this or any other field, and just to put it into perspective, it is a lot quicker to qualify as a Commercial Pilot, than it is to qualify as an Electrician.

Cheers..........Howard

Reply to What is best route to go if I wanted to re-train as an electrician? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock