• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss what is electricity rating for in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Welcome to the forum mate.
Can you give an example?
What do you want the meter for? What circuit are you intending to use it on?

What is the meter used for and why do you wish to change the value?

The meter you show will probably be factory calibrated and will show how much energy passes through it during use, we need to know why you wish to change this value before advice is offered on the matter, altering the calibrated setup would mean the meter would not function as designed and you would end up with a readout that doesn't match actual energy consumed.

A quick spec look up tells me the upper figure is the current max, 30A in this case. The meter will likely lose accuracy and may be damaged by currents higher than this. The meter spec I read said the meter "shall take 120% of max current for 1 hour without damage". The lower figure is called basic current and the spec I read said the meter "shall record accurately at 0.2% of basic current". Your meter may have different specs, but it's probably similar. Hope that helps :)

Reply to what is electricity rating for in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back