SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss What is the fault here? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

joemcd121

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi guys,

Okay admittedly I'm no electrician - I'm a student, with a very awkward letting agency! I have complained about a fault with the lights in one of the bedrooms in the house for a while now.

Basically, there are 6 GU10 spotlights, operated by a dimmer switch. They don't seem to to work together at the same time though - I have replaced 2 duff bulbs recently, so that all 6 bulbs are operational - but a day or so after doing so, one of the bulbs literally blew - I actually witnessed it getting brighter/turning red and then it blew and the glass has cracked on the spotlight.

So it tripped the switch in the power box, I switched it back on - and the lights in the bedroom work, but the dimmer switch doesn't - it switches the lights on and off no problem, but it doesn't dim the lights.

I have had a similar problem before when replacing one of the bulbs led to the power being tripped, but when I switched it back on - none of the lights would work. An electrician came round and replaced the dimmer switch with a new one, and it worked then.

Any ideas what might be causing this problem? And do I need to get an electrician out - or is there something I can do which wouldn't be too advanced?

Cheers,

- Joe

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
G

Grae79

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You must be logged in to see the message.

R

rumrunner

G

Grae79

G

Grae79

danzor

-
Mentor
Arms

W

WarrenG

Reply to What is the fault here? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico 3000 Range
Top Bottom