Discuss What is the power of this motor and ever seen one with unity power factor? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Lol, I noticed they put a serial number but no model number but didn't spot the spelling mistake.

I had similar with a sump pump - it had a sticker on it saying the supply must be installed to meet the requirements of the 18th edition BS7671, when I contacted the company they said the Import them from China and it meets requirements, I Emailed them the error of believing what they are told from a country well known for fake goods.
I bartered a deal that If I didn't return it for money back would they fully cover it for three yrs, they agreed and it last 8months, they sent a replacement which we returned and asked us for our money back, I contacted them and suggested I get trading standards involved as I can proof they do not meet standards - my customer got his money back and I sourced them a quality pump.

On this motor viatts might be watts in some obscure language. I've seen similar spelling on a Spanish motor.

I had similar with a sump pump - it had a sticker on it saying the supply must be installed to meet the requirements of the 18th edition BS7671, when I contacted the company they said the Import them from China and it meets requirements, I Emailed them the error of believing what they are told from a country well known for fake goods.
I bartered a deal that If I didn't return it for money back would they fully cover it for three yrs, they agreed and it last 8months, they sent a replacement which we returned and asked us for our money back, I contacted them and suggested I get trading standards involved as I can proof they do not meet standards - my customer got his money back and I sourced them a quality pump.

Just had the very same...mates young lad,went to the high street branch,stocking this brand (no need to name) purchased a Hongfa petrol generator (leave that,it's deliberate...)and it developed a bad petrol leak.

I have done many Engineers Reports for this fella,and found a stress fracture,around a tank stud-photographed,detailed,put out of commission.

Lad took it back,counter pilot said "no refund,it has been apart"...i spoke to him 2 minutes,technical department 10 minutes,swap or a refund - refund taken.

My explanation of the latent risks,of a leaking,un-supervised electric generator,and all around it,went by without comment,from the counter jockey.

The gentleman in the head-office technical department was keeping the beat nicely...he is probably more aware of the currency possessed by recorded evidence of this nature,once a serious accident has occurred.

I have a nice file,filled with kit from Hongfa,Yamahoo and Kawasoki...items of equipment,best catapulted into a castle siege :blush5:

Reply to What is the power of this motor and ever seen one with unity power factor? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net