Discuss what is this tool question in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
i have hundreds of tools but i have to admit i do not know every tool as this question has to be asked here. my girl works in the shop that make electrical parts and they use this tool for stripping foo stragler insulation on the end of the wires. they have wire stripers and machine that strip the wires but when the wires make it to assembly sometimes they have straglers on them so they use this tool to take them off. but now they need to get more and no one has a clue where to get them let alone the name they call them anymore.

they had a name on the handle that says ideal stoamore us on the side, i have spent the last few hours searching to this and have had no luck at all.

they must be some type of wire stripper tool form year ago and have since been updated but they have the new tools and just like this one. s maybe someone here has seen this tool or even used it at one time or maybe has one still, and can help me find some. thanks picture may explain it better.

thanks for any help

what is this tool question Untitled - EletriciansForums.net

Why don't you email a pic of it to Ideal tools, this is a UK based forum but someone may still know it's purpose.

thanks for that help. it gets me further down the road to locating some. my girl uses these at work and of all the other wire strippers they have these work the best for their particular situation. again thanks at least now i have a better idea.

and i thought it was a toenail clipper.

So they just 'pull off' the stragglers, reducing the sqmm of the conductor?

Doesn't sound like a very good practice to me!

Simple A wigwam for grinding smoke

Reply to what is this tool question in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock