Discuss What kind of professions can you go into from the foundation of an electrician? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Micky89

I was wondering what other things I could move into once qualified as an electrician. For example, how could someone move into the design aspect of electrical installations or any other field which it is possible to move into?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers.

I think you could go on to do hnc/hnd and become an engineer.

I'm sure there's someone one here who could expand on this.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

i dont think there is a defined level of sparkiness,you can become what ever you want in the electrical game,with study/night school/site etc everyday should be a school day..and you become what you are..

any idea how much experience you should get in being a sparky until you should go ahead to further qualifications?

Just keep going whilst you still have the learning ability and can remember most of what you have learned so far. The biggest problem you will have trying to change direction is getting a foot in the door. If you want to move into a specific area like design then send a speculative email or letter with CV to prospective employers, by doing this you may end up in the right place at the right time, and this will save them fortunes in advertising and interviewing potential candidates.

Never be put off applying for a position that you are under qualified for. Employers ask for high levels of quals to stop dross from applying, and will always listen to and give a chance to someone with the right potential.

Cheers..........Howard

Agree with above because some work their way up from a time served electrician and some go straight from school/college and become a trainee engineer. They won't have experience on the tools but they'll still have a good knowledge and tell you what to do.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

all dependent on what you do and how much experience you get along the way,with technology and regs changing so often most of us have to learn new things at some stage,as regards to design there was a C&G 2240 course,not sure what its called now,look at someone like engineer 54,he might be one to ask.

Reply to What kind of professions can you go into from the foundation of an electrician? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net