Discuss What kind of qualifications do you need to be able to work as an Electrician or be hired by a company? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
What kind of qualifications do you need to be able to work as an Electrician or be hired by a company?

this could be from your personal experience what helped you get the job without the help of knowing someone who works for a particular trade.

What would be the best route to be able to get into becoming an Electrician?

First thing you will need is knowledge.

Experience without knowledge isn't worth the time spent gaining it, you could be doing it wrong for 5 years with no knowledge or get the knowledge and 2 years experience in a similar timeframe. I know which is prefer as an employer.

As for gaining the knowledge, there's a few ways; short course, college or apprenticeship; depending on what you want and how quickly you want it but remember that the right experience is important.

Hi and welcome,

suggest a college would be best option there is fast track centres where you can gain qualifications but not experience how long was planning to learn in ?

Hi and welcome,

suggest a college would be best option there is fast track centres where you can gain qualifications but not experience how long was planning to learn in ?

Preferably a fast track course, I understand the fee’s are applicable and that I would have to fund myself as college courses require some qualifications I don’t have. Do you have any recommendations in London?

Preferably a fast track course, I understand the fee’s are applicable and that I would have to fund myself as college courses require some qualifications I don’t have. Do you have any recommendations in London?
No Mate sorry, contact one of the many training establishments that have appeared r\centl they will willingly bite your hand off.

What kind of qualifications do you need to be able to work as an Electrician or be hired by a company?

this could be from your personal experience what helped you get the job without the help of knowing someone who works for a particular trade.

What would be the best route to be able to get into becoming an Electrician?
hello i am in the same position as you. i am currently thinking of doing a level 2 and 3 diploama city and guilds then get on to the nvq. Dont do a domestic installler course unless you just want to be self imployed and work for your self in dwellings and if you do make sure you try to get as much experience as you can.

once you do your level two you can then apply for your ECS card and work as a mate to gain experience and work towards getting a gold card. i would recommend you do this so you can not be limited just in case work gets dry.

Reply to What kind of qualifications do you need to be able to work as an Electrician or be hired by a company? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net