Discuss What % of joe public have heard of NICEIC etc in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

KevinS

My van has the company name on it (no mention of electrics in name) but has NICEIC stickers all over it.

in recent weeks I have had 2 people ask what "an NICEIC approved contractor is". How many of joe public don't know it's a sparks van?

I would guess <20% of men and probably <5% of women know.

I also think 99% of public either don't care or don't know that you have to be in a scam.

At least gas safe vans have some clue in the name.

My van has the company name on it (no mention of electrics in name) but has NICEIC stickers all over it.

in recent weeks I have had 2 people ask what "an NICEIC approved contractor is". How many of joe public don't know it's a sparks van?

I would guess <20% of men and probably <5% of women know.

I also think 99% of public either don't care or don't know that you have to be in a scam.

At least gas safe vans have some clue in the name.

It's probable that not many people know but I'd say more than 20%.

I think if you were to ask them to tell you about the differences between domestic installer and approved contractor you'd be looking at less than 5% overall.

Seeing as the Electrical Safety Council own the NICEIC you would have thought that they would be more active in promoting their own scam scheme.

electrical safety council DON'T own the NICEIC... they are an independent charity supported by the BIG 2 + 1 NIC/ECA and Napit

NIC EIC is owned by ascertiva

And as NICEIC don't just do Electrical, how's anyone supposed to know what they are all about.

I did my last Gassafe assessments with NICEIC, and will be doing the next ones soon.

The only people likey to know who they are are people who work in the trade.
Joe public generally wouldn't have a clue.

Seeing as the Electrical Safety Council own the NICEIC you would have thought that they would be more active in promoting their own scam scheme.

Or the other way round!! lol!! Whichever it is, how can a so-called charity operation be owned/part of a commercial operational company, involved in the same area?? Then turn round and state their ESC Reports etc are unbiased when, major manufacturers etc support (financially) them. Only in the virtual world i'm afraid, ...In the real world that just isn't possible!! ...lol!!

electrical safety council DON'T own the NICEIC... they are an independent charity supported by the BIG 2 + 1 NIC/ECA and Napit

Sorry mate but this comes from their website:

[h=2]Ascertiva Legal[/h][h=2]Company Registration[/h]Ascertiva Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Electrical Safety Council.

Company name: Ascertiva Group

Registered address:

Warwick House
Houghton Hall Park
Houghton Regis
Dunstable
Bedfordshire
LU5 5ZX
Company No: 02513162

NIC EIC used to be a charity, then part p came along - big bucks to be made
Nic was bought by an internation company ( as above post )

It has now become a money grabbing , sod the quality , organisation , I joined the NIC in 1984 a totally different organisation then!

Independent in name only, me thinks!! lol!!!
I bet if you traced all the involved companies and their owners around the NICEIC, you'll find a few pertinent names that will keep popping up... These will the be the guy's that will be running things...

Our History : Electrical Safety Council

Reply to What % of joe public have heard of NICEIC etc in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net