Discuss What percentage of Sparks voted Brexit? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Let’s hope property prices don’t crash next year and belts don’t tighten. Bye bye business:( Hope I’m wrong. Another 20 years of austerity :)
I don't think your wrong fatalan. It's inevitable another 20 years of austerity will occur if we are in or out.

1.7 trillion in debt.

Before the austerity measures began we were borrowing 150 billion a year just to cover the interest.

We are now still borrowing 50 billion a year to cover that interest. We haven't even started paying of the debt.

Buy the way definately out for me.

I voted remain and would do so again.

If you look at how tax is spent our portion to the EU budget wasn't that much really.

I'm for the free movement of people within Europe so immigration wasn't an issue for me also most of the immigration we have is from outside Europe anyway.

Having said that, the result was leave, I respect it and we should now do just that, for better or worse.
Big bone of contention is how much do we give to the eu every year.
There is one simple answer, but everyone says a different number.
It would be nice to know.
It would have been nice to know the true figure that both sides agreed with before the vote.

To be fair the vacuum cleaners thing was actually a good idea, everyone who wasn't an avid Which reader was buying vacuum cleaners based on wattage so the manufacturers were just intentionally making noisy inefficient hot heavy cleaners to get the wattage up. Someone had to knock heads together at some point.
Best vacuum cleaner i use is about 800w Screwfix cheapy. Even had a label of ratings to compare how well it picks up various types of muck, sound level, the lot.

I voted remain. I like multiculturalism. I think the benefits of the European Convention on Human Rights (limits on big brother etc) outweigh the negatives. Also, the ECHR is a separate thing to being a member of the EU despite what the leave campaign misleadingly claimed, saying this is why jihadis can preach in the UK and we can't chuck them out (as if this is the only or even a good solution post the invention of the internet) is crap. Actually there are all sorts of ways we could legislate against jihadis but the main problem is the reluctance to recognise the problem (e.g. not enough people in power do, if that makes sense). I think security wise the world (not just us) is a lot worse off if the EU goes on to implode. Putin would love to divide and conquer and it would certainly make life easier for terrorist organisations too. As for the arguements about keeping Britain Britain (or England England), the modern romantic nationalism so commonly espoused without questioning why we think what we think originated in Germany (a little ironic given that the cornerstones of British nationalism for many, or at least a commonly espoused sentiment is two world wars and one world cup).

Most journalists/ tv reporters don't know the difference between Britain and England either.
Britain includes Scotland and Wales.. England is just England.

Oh, and TV channels? The Scottish kids have been on holiday for 3 weeks already. Don't just start putting on holiday programmes now.

I voted out and would do so again in a heartbeat.

I'm sure it's not going to be plain sailing, but the way the EU has been conducting itself since has only cemented my view that we will be better off out of it.

Personally as soon as they started their 'negotiation' with demands for cash, I think I would have just walked away and resorted to WTO trade rules. Not ideal, but what's being forgotten is that we, as a member, have a stake in some seriously valuable real estate. Are they going to pay us rent on the portion that our contributions helped build? I don't think so.

Sparkychick has said almost everything I was going to say, why people think its a great idea to have unelected power hungry people make the big decisions on our behalf is beyond me, also the EU has not submitted accounts for all the money we and other hard working people in Europe have paid in to this mad scheme for years, none of us would get away with not doing our accounts every year.
It's time for us to regain some pride in our country just like many others in the EU, its not just a few people in this country that want out its many many others around Europe.

why people think its a great idea to have unelected power hungry people make the big decisions on our behalf is beyond me dUOTE]

May and many other Prime ministers before her were not directly elected by us. Some of them at in the seat of power without even their party ever winning an election. Unelected "special advisors" whose only relevant experience is going to Eton and "daddy went to school with the minister" inform most key ministerial cabinet member decisions. I'm not even going to bother going into who, in the majority of cases, even gets to stand to be an MP and get from there to the cabinet, how we've only really got two choices in England. It's all rhetoric and unrepresentative b*llsh*t, not just the EU.

What is the difference?
I was born and live in England therefore I am English unfortunately very few application forms now permit this race to be used thus we are all tarred with British tag which everyone adopts to live here. Do we hear the Scots or Welsh wanting to be called British, no they use their correct tag.

Reply to What percentage of Sparks voted Brexit? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock