Discuss What percentage of Sparks voted Brexit? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

I voted remain, thinking any problems that were there could be sorted out without leaving. Really, is brexit going to solve immigration crisis? .

This is another one of my reasons for voting to leave.

Accountability.

For too long on too many issues our politicians have blamed the EU for issues within their remit to resolve, immigration being the main one.

No more can they enact legislation claiming to have their hands tied. Now if they want it they can justify it and put their place in the commons on the line come the next elections.

It’s all about removing their wiggle room and making it easier to hold them responsible.

..and you think the current crop of MP’s in Westminster aren’t corrupt! Seems to be the only ‘profession’ these days when it’s ok to lie.

I'm trying to work out what being an electrician, has got to do with being representative of being judgemental of whether we should stay or remain?
As a tradesperson you are at the forefront of the wage squeeze.

For me, not surprisingly, the outcome of this mini poll should be overwhelmingly ‘out’ and it appears to be so.

If it was cheap journalists, civil servants or MPs being imported from Eastern Europe Brexit would have happened decades ago.

Brexit has only been a mess because the careerist vested interests refused to accept the result.

For them their whole career path has been demolished, no longer can they churn out pro-EU reports, articles or policies with the expectation of a cushy Brussels job and fat pension.

Brexit put the gravy train on bricks and nicked its wheels. This is why there is so much dehumanising vitriol spewed by the remain establishment at Brexit voters.

Typical of spoilt children, if they can’t have it they’ll smash it. Funnily very similar to the Democrats in the US with Trump.

Too many daily mail readers on here.

Aye ..... and we're all 'far right', 'sexist', 'racist', 'homophobic', 'transphobic', 'Islamophobic', 'anti-Semitic', 'fascists' and 'Nazis'. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
If it was cheap journalists, civil servants or MPs being imported from Eastern Europe Brexit would have happened decades ago.

I don't understand this. Many Europeans agree with Brexit (eg Greeks, Portuguese, Italians). Just not French and Germans. But journalists and civil servants seem to be largely remainers, hence the skewed rhetoric

I was on a knife-edge until the day, largely worried about the economic impact of it all. How-ever a chat with my aunt's careers all on zero-hours contracts persuaded me in favour.

If a group of zero-hours, minimum-wage careers were prepared to put up with any economic impact how can I worry about it?

We can clearly do it well, but while we're still arguing about runways and HS2, it's clear we don't have the bottle. We need all of them. Extra runways at Gatwick AND Heathrow AND HS2.

And every trade deal we can garner. The terms of the deal with EU should be irrelevant: it's why we're leaving, after all. We are an island trading nation, we stood up to Napolean and fought two world wars. When world war three kicks off in Europe we'll step in again.

Meanwhile we are an amazing and creative island nation that doesn't know it's own powers. We box above our weight in nearly every category.

Ships are safest in harbour, but that is not what they were built for.

Same with Brits.

Aye ..... and we're all 'far right', 'sexist', 'racist', 'homophobic', 'transphobic', 'Islamophobic', 'anti-Semitic' 'fascists' and 'Nazis'. :rolleyes:

If wanting our country to have pride in itself again and be proud of the global contributions we've made over the course of history (and continue to make) instead of being a whiney, self-loathing lefty sheep that's been brainwashed into believing all ill's in the world are our fault means I'll be labelled any or all of those things... bring on the labels!

They are the tools of the leftist, designed to silence those they disagree with because it's easier to silence someone by claiming what they are saying is hate speech than it is to formulate a coherent counter argument to much of what is actually being said.

If wanting our country to have pride in itself again and be proud of the global contributions we've made over the course of history (and continue to make) instead of being a whiney, self-loathing lefty sheep that's been brainwashed into believing all ill's in the world are our fault means I'll be labelled any or all of those things... bring on the labels!

They are the tools of the leftist, designed to silence those they disagree with because it's easier to silence someone by claiming what they are saying is hate speech than it is to formulate a coherent counter argument to much of what is actually being said.

Well said SC. My sentiments exactly.

I'm not sure that you would want the label of 'white privileged male' though. :D

I was born and live in England therefore I am English unfortunately very few application forms now permit this race to be used thus we are all tarred with British tag which everyone adopts to live here. Do we hear the Scots or Welsh wanting to be called British, no they use their correct tag.

I was born in Scotland, I have a Scottish accent and live in England. As much as we are brought up to “hate” the English, I am a proud Britiah citizen. I love GB and since travelling to many different countries I have learned to appreciate how Great our little island is actually!
I also supported England in the World Cup which would I wouldn’t admit to most of my family.
Let’s all be proud together

Reply to What percentage of Sparks voted Brexit? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net