Discuss What percentage of Sparks voted Brexit? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

I'm 28 and voted to leave unlike most people my age. I kept my vote pretty quiet as most liberal lefties are quick to make judgement and either label me or others who voted to leave either stupid or racist
I dont like the current form of capitalism ; its skewed, keynesian economics served it's purpose after a war battered Europe, and even after a surge of policy change in the 1980s its still prevalent, and citizens and business are subject to more regulation and centralisation each year.
Even though i voted leave Democracy again has given an undesirable result to pretty much half the populace. Majority rules unfortunately,

This is another one of my reasons for voting to leave.

Accountability.

For too long on too many issues our politicians have blamed the EU for issues within their remit to resolve, immigration being the main one.

No more can they enact legislation claiming to have their hands tied. Now if they want it they can justify it and put their place in the commons on the line come the next elections.

It’s all about removing their wiggle room and making it easier to hold them responsible.

You're wrong there GB, they will still blame anyone or thing than blame themselves.
When we have a hard brexit, which is looking like the only outcome now after Chequers, and the country suffers as, it will, it will be the EU's fault, the remainers fault, foreigners fault, everyone but theirs.

If wanting our country to have pride in itself again and be proud of the global contributions we've made over the course of history (and continue to make) instead of being a whiney, self-loathing lefty sheep that's been brainwashed into believing all ill's in the world are our fault means I'll be labelled any or all of those things... bring on the labels!

They are the tools of the leftist, designed to silence those they disagree with because it's easier to silence someone by claiming what they are saying is hate speech than it is to formulate a coherent counter argument to much of what is actually being said.

Any examples of this SC?

I voted remain. I like multiculturalism. I think the benefits of the European Convention on Human Rights (limits on big brother etc) outweigh the negatives. Also, the ECHR is a separate thing to being a member of the EU despite what the leave campaign misleadingly claimed, saying this is why jihadis can preach in the UK and we can't chuck them out (as if this is the only or even a good solution post the invention of the internet) is crap. Actually there are all sorts of ways we could legislate against jihadis but the main problem is the reluctance to recognise the problem (e.g. not enough people in power do, if that makes sense). I think security wise the world (not just us) is a lot worse off if the EU goes on to implode. Putin would love to divide and conquer and it would certainly make life easier for terrorist organisations too. As for the arguements about keeping Britain Britain (or England England), the modern romantic nationalism so commonly espoused without questioning why we think what we think originated in Germany (a little ironic given that the cornerstones of British nationalism for many, or at least a commonly espoused sentiment is two world wars and one world cup).

Multiculturalism is a disaster. Why would I want to accept a culture of oppression towards women for example, or a culture that believes people not of your religion are not human? Cultures that do not align with ours should not be welcomed.

I'm an outright rightie, I voted to remain. Think you need to re think that one :)
You must have off school sick when the lefty brainwashers turned up Midwest, you were lucky.
I must have been there 50 years ago when they turned up at my school, I'm left wing.

i'm fed up with all the leftie garbage where anything you say has to be branded racist, sexist, discriminatory ( if that's the right word... oops it's a leftie word), anything without such a label will soon have the snowflakes making one up. like, who ever used the word "gender" 20 years ago? and as for "gender neutral", is that a castrated pig?

Multiculturalism is a disaster. Why would I want to accept a culture of oppression towards women for example, or a culture that believes people not of your religion are not human? Cultures that do not align with ours should not be welcomed.

I meant in the generic sense, not the political policy of. I don't mean there should be no checks and balances, which is how the policy for a long time played out politically (and to a large extent is still playing out politically).

Any examples of this SC?

Rather than wait for an answer to my response question (example of things we've done or lefties shutting people down) I'll simply provide both.

Things Britons have done that have benefited the globe...

• Antibiotics
  • Vaccines
  • Railways
  • Modern farming techniques
  • Many industrial technologies

Lefties shutting people down...

• Criticise certain religions and get called a racist despite the fact that religion is an ideology not a race of people
  • Highlight the fact that men and women are different (there's a shocker), pointing out that these differences can explain why there is gender inequality and you'll be branded a sexist
  • Object to equality of outcome (which is where we're heading) and insist the best approach is equality of opportunity (which is what we have now) and again, you'll be branded a sexist
  • Criticise the non-binary bullsh1t and point out that the science is clear, that there are only two sexes and you'll be branded a transphobe
All of those are now considered hate speech and that label is what is used by the left to shut down people who present alternative views.

They are the kinds of labels that end careers and ruin lives. And they are the kind of label that is banded about by the likes of Antifa and the current crop of 'feminists'.

i'm fed up with all the leftie garbage where anything you say has to be branded racist, sexist, discriminatory ( if that's the right word... oops it's a leftie word), anything without such a label will soon have the snowflakes making one up. like, who ever used the word "gender" 20 years ago? and as for "gender neutral", is that a castrated pig?

Absolutely 100% agree. It's pathetic and unfortunately our educational system is churning out indoctrinated leftist sheep at a surprising rate.

Universities, colleges and schools should be filled with ideas and discourse that challenge those involved to think about things, including things they don't want to think about. Instead they are filled with safe spaces and trigger warnings.

As for gender vs. sex.... sex is a biological fact, gender is a social construct and can it seems be varied based on feelings. Unfortunately facts beat feelings everytime.

The left talk about individuals but actually what they are doing is collecting people into groups based on arbitrary facets of their biology/character in order to allow them to gain victim status and thus gain the upper hand on 'normal' people.

Examples of what in particular? Things our people have done that have benefited the globe or lefties shutting people down with claims of say racism or sexism?

This bit

''They are the tools of the leftist, designed to silence those they disagree with because it's easier to silence someone by claiming what they are saying is hate speech than it is to formulate a coherent counter argument to much of what is actually being said.''

Most of the posts on this thread come from the right, but I've not seen any from the left on here that try to stop the debate by doing what you say.

If anything it's the right who try to detract from the argument with stupid childish insults.

Such as
''whiney, self-loathing lefty sheep''

This bit

Most of the posts on this thread come from the right, but I've not seen any from the left on here that try to stop the debate by doing what you say.

If anything it's the right who try to detract from the argument with stupid childish insults.

Such as
well, how about wingeing politically correct inept faceless under-acchievers?

Rather than wait for an answer to my response question (example of things we've done or lefties shutting people down) I'll simply provide both.

Things Britons have done that have benefited the globe...

• Antibiotics
  • Vaccines
  • Railways
  • Modern farming techniques
  • Many industrial technologies
The list is a lot longer than that SC, I find it sad that you can feel no pride in these achievements and what Britian has done. I know I do, but then I do come from the left.
Lefties shutting people down...

• Criticise certain religions and get called a racist despite the fact that religion is an ideology not a race of people
  • Highlight the fact that men and women are different (there's a shocker), pointing out that these differences can explain why there is gender inequality and you'll be branded a sexist
  • Object to equality of outcome (which is where we're heading) and insist the best approach is equality of opportunity (which is what we have now) and again, you'll be branded a sexist
  • Criticise the non-binary bullsh1t and point out that the science is clear, that there are only two sexes and you'll be branded a transphobe
All of those are now considered hate speech and that label is what is used by the left to shut down people who present alternative views.

They are the kinds of labels that end careers and ruin lives. And they are the kind of label that is banded about by the likes of Antifa and the current crop of 'feminists'.

So no examples then?

Reply to What percentage of Sparks voted Brexit? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net