Discuss What percentage of Sparks voted Brexit? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys,

This may have been done before, and to be honest I can’t be bothered to check. I was just wondering whether what percentage of you voted Brexit and what percentage didn’t?

I read all this stuff about what type of person voted out and what type voted in but the people I meet on in the trades all voted out. So is it a trade based opinion?

Thoughts would be welcome.

Mark the Spark

Out but would vote in given a second vote. Major misleading by the press and genuinely feel that sitting as we do outside the euro we already had a pretty good deal. Concerns over immigration etc could have been addressed under EU rules anyway its just that our government wasn't prepared to resource border control. ----ed off big time with the lying bunch of sh*sters that we have voted into Westminster at present. World has gone mad! Also result was likely precipitated by several years of austerity caused by those honest, ethical law abiding bankers!

Not a spark, but fwiw, I didn't vote as I was abroad at the time. I would have voted "in", and my wife would have voted out", so we cancelled each other out. I just didn't believe all the "projections" of the money we would save and use for the NHS...frankly, no-one knew what would be the result, but all parties proclaimed that they knew what would be the financial outcome, but none of them did. Selfishly, I wanted to retain the right to be accepted as a citizen of any EU country and be eligible for health care etc. and having the right to travel, work and live in any EU country. I would vote "in" again, but agree we were fortunate to be outwith the Euro. However, I will never be happy until Fred the Shred and some of his cronies go to jail.

Out- Reasons being Immigration but major factor for me was being run by a European parliament.

I would like to bring manufacturing and trade back to the UK for our future generations, if that makes us worse off for the next 20 years then so be it.

That being said I wasn't a fan of either remain and leave campains.

For me it is all about sovereignty and secession. I am deeply troubled the reigning monarch reneging on her coronation vows and seceding power to other nations. Also to be a defender of the faith and utterly failing in that aspect as well. That is constitutionally very wrong. I also would contend that successive prime ministers have acted in a way that would be legally traitorous in that they have colluded to also secede power to other nations. Originally this was touted as a common market and as that, made sense. So a vote was taken and we went in. What it ultimately became is an unelected plutocracy acting tyrannously and disregarding the sovereingnty of the people. In my view we have been massively betrayed in a constitutional manner. Although Brexit may be a bad idea the european union is an even worse idea. I did not vote never have and never will.

In the 1970s Britain voted to join the EEC, which was a mutually beneficial trade bloc. Since then it's evolved into the European Union, who want to control everything from the shape of the vegetables we buy to the wattage of vacuum cleaner we use, to the ability to be able to wake up one morning and go and work in a country where they speak a different language.

The argument for leaving seemed to be that the EU had lost direction of it's original purpose and was no longer beneficial, and the cost of propping it up could be better spent elsewhere.
The argument for staying seemed to be that if you vote to leave then you're a "racist" and a "bigot".

Reply to What percentage of Sparks voted Brexit? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock