Discuss What pets do you have, and what pets have you had? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
I have two goldfish at the moment named Goldfish 1 and Goldfish 2. They did have names but I can't remember what me and my daughter ended up agreeing on so it's a bit of a joke now that we call them 1 and 2. Actually should be called 1 and 4 as a couple died in between 1 and 4. ha

Had a couple of miniature yorkies but the Mrs took them when we split a bit ago. Still see them from time to time.

Always had collies when I was young. Used to teach them all sorts. Play with them for hours. Very intelligent dogs. Parents used to always overfeed them and they unfortunately got fat no matter how much I used to walk them. Barrel on legs they looked like. Never died to to anything related to that luckily as I did used to walk them and play with them a lot still, both got old and ended up with cancerous tumours so had to be put to rest.

Love any animals and would have a small farm if I had the money and time.

African grey Parrot (freddie) Budgie (ziva) and a poorly 2 year old hamster that im worried about big soft tart i hear but He's part of the family. sounds daft i know.

German shepherds, had them for years and for some reason don, t take to other dogs as pets, I, ve had them as pets and as a working dog too.Strangest pet was a barn owl that I got paid with, oh and a tarantula!

currently have 2 dogs (black lab (max) + brown lab x vizsla (holly) ), also have a black dwarf lop ear rabbit called coal. in the past have had several hamsters, and also used to breed tropical fish. only have a few now. also used to have a budgie called Derek when I was a lot younger. also had other dogs too.

Rescue dogs are amazing. I rescued holly. I would love loads of dogs, but unfortunately wouldn't have the time for so many. maybe one day when I retire :)

Same her dan86, he's my third rescue but, due to new family arrangements ( girlfriend with a son, who is scared of dogs) it's on hold until later in my life. Huge softie for the sad eyes in the kennels

Have had quite a varied selection of pets over time , from pigs , cows , sheep , dogs , goats , chickens , geese , rabbits , cockatiel , fish even a couple of peacock / peahens .
My first Jack Russell called Pip was probably my most missed , and we spent many hours together either ratting or just riding on my field bikes or in the tractor with me .
As for the others I suppose Pinkie the pig was up there , I taught her to ride a skate board ( whilst being chased by Pip , usually ! ) she was a runt that I saved from near certain death ( I was about 12 ) and she spent her first month or so in a make shift pen in my bedroom being fed every 2-3 hours at first . I also did the same for another one who I named porridge , this time I was about 18 /19 and used to get back from the pub and feed him whilst sat on my bed watching TV and having a sneaky joint , only to wake up and find him fast asleep on my chest , brings a new meaning to waking up with a pig !:thinking:
Another one that sticks out in my memory ( I would be about 8 ) was Cleo , she was the gentlest cow I have ever know ! She was a Jersey and was everybody's favourite , I can remember being able to actually hand milk her and squirt it straight in to my mouth .
Their has been countless favourites amongst the animals we kept whilst still commercially farming but these stick out the most with me at the moment .

Rescue dogs are amazing. I rescued holly. I would love loads of dogs, but unfortunately wouldn't have the time for so many. maybe one day when I retire :)

I take my hat off to all of you that have a rescue pet , and as you can probably tell I believe you are 100 % responsible for the well being of any animal in your charge . I know circumstances do change but I find it hard to understand how anyone can take responsibility for a life and not see it through to the end of that said life !
The rescue pet route has never really appealed to me though ( apart from the peacock and peahens ), I suppose it was because of living on a farm , the risk was to great of having a possibly sociologically damaged dog about the place ?

How do others that have rescue dogs , find them and do you ever encounter problems !?

Jack Russell - Alfie.

Took him before his 1st birthday from a previous owner. However it seems that he was beaten by the male of the family.

Didnt notice until it was too late to do anything about it but needless to say Alfie is with me n my other half. Has come a very long way since we got him.

Alfie is extremely possessive over food & toys. He hates the car & men altogether; some types of dogs he absolutely detests!!
He loves cuddles with either me/mrs almost like a child!!

teva3yva.jpg

Jack Russell - Alfie.

Took him before his 1st birthday from a previous owner. However it seems that he was beaten by the male of the family.

Didnt notice until it was too late to do anything about it but needless to say Alfie is with me n my other half. Has come a very long way since we got him.

Alfie is extremely possessive over food & toys. He hates the car & men altogether; some types of dogs he absolutely detests!!
He loves cuddles with either me/mrs almost like a child!!

teva3yva.jpg

Mate he is proper!!

Reply to What pets do you have, and what pets have you had? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net