Discuss What pets do you have, and what pets have you had? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I take my hat off to all of you that have a rescue pet , and as you can probably tell I believe you are 100 % responsible for the well being of any animal in your charge . I know circumstances do change but I find it hard to understand how anyone can take responsibility for a life and not see it through to the end of that said life !
The rescue pet route has never really appealed to me though ( apart from the peacock and peahens ), I suppose it was because of living on a farm , the risk was to great of having a possibly sociologically damaged dog about the place ?

How do others that have rescue dogs , find them and do you ever encounter problems !?
I've had a few rescues, including my current dog who I got when she was just over a year old.I've had her for nearly 2 years now and yes she does have her problems,I suspect that besides not being properly fed she had been beaten on a regular basis,this has led to problems when encountering strangers and it's only now that she is coming around and getting used to people.I always make sure she wears a muzzle when around them and in the home ask visitors not to make sudden movements as she can snap,that said she's so soft with me but also fiercely protective.I think the young lad who had her previously had seen one too many police programme and fancied his chances at turning her into a police type dog,unfortunately he went about it the wrong way and couldn't handle what he ended up with.Fortunately as some of you know in a previous life I was a dog handler so I was able to cope with the problems and am slowly turning the dog around,it's hard work but I feel it will be worth it in the end.

.....am slowly turning the dog around,it's hard work but I feel it will be worth it in the end.

Good on you. Spending time helping a rescue dog (which sounds like in your case may have been put down) is a sign of character rather than the easier route of buying a puppy! Ive had two rescue dog, both beautiful animals once shown some love and kindness ... coupled with some stern leadership of course!

Used to have 2 cats, but the little daughter came out in a rash all over her body when she played with them. Tried to give them to the RSPCA but they just told us to give our daughter antihistamines for the rest of the cats life. We just put the cats on some web site that the missus found and gave them to a couple.

All these questions about us. Are you looking into making a profile of us or selling the info to the MI5? Trust no-one... the walls have ears... :)

Oh yes, I do sometimes.... on the plus side I am housetrained, friendly and don't bite the postman....... (much) ;)

You're in good hands then, Geordie is clearly training you well .... reckon he'll soon have you on the advanced course :biggrin:

What pets do you have, and what pets have you had? 28768_101579713220505_6794014_n - EletriciansForums.netI have a brindle Saluki called sally , she is a rescue dog , another I had for 14 years was Kim she came from Battersea , I love all dogs and animals , if I could I would have more ,

Weve got 2 huskys called balto and paolo, really friendly dogs, we meet others over the field 8 huskys in total, amazing sight. Weve also got 2 rabbits we adopted called pablo and pedro. We put them in a hutch outside last year, now weve got tunnels all under the garden lol.

Unfortunately i have to report my lil one was attacked by another dog last week.

Thankfully only pain killers and antibiotics for him. Mrs tried to save him n got in harms way - nasty bite marks...

Other person with dog had legged it in shock but thankfully we all managed to find each other on FB to sort the problem out.

Unfortunately i have to report my lil one was attacked by another dog last week.

Thankfully only pain killers and antibiotics for him. Mrs tried to save him n got in harms way - nasty bite marks...

Other person with dog had legged it in shock but thankfully we all managed to find each other on FB to sort the problem out.

I had a similar problem , If a dog is ill then that attracts aggression from other dogs , I found out ,so you will have to be careful with that one ,,,

cats and birds
love dogs but cant be around them long due to allergies
had a rather large iguana but he passed a couple years back
sweet lizard and very gentle but he tended to scare the hell out of people.

I have kept fish for most of the last 55 years, currently about 50 goldfish and Koi Carp in 2 ponds and 2 large Aquariums, kept healthy by lots of pumps, filters fed by bottom drains & TLC from me.

German shepherds, had them for years and for some reason don, t take to other dogs as pets, I, ve had them as pets and as a working dog too.Strangest pet was a barn owl that I got paid with, oh and a tarantula!

German Shepard's are great dogs, had to put mine down in May because of cancer, even w/ pain meds he was hurting, loved cats, kids, got along with other dogs, & never had to worry about him hurting some kid if he got out, also have 4 cats only 1 got along w/ the dog. What pets do you have, and what pets have you had? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

i have a cat called tigga and a beagle dog called caeser.....got them both on the same day, one sitting next to me on my left and the other on my right as we speak.....very funny pair.

If you can read that and get to the end without a tear in your eye and a lump in your throat then there really is no hope for you

True but then again Im a pet lover! I could quite happily see the same for certain 'humans' in society and still continue watching the TV and eating my fat boys breakfast without blinking.....

Reply to What pets do you have, and what pets have you had? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock