Discuss What pets do you have, and what pets have you had? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

thought you northern barbarians ate dogs. :ack2:

I am currently trying to rekindle my interest in keeping tropical fish.
I would absolutely love a dog but really do not have the space or time to treat one properly.

I couldn't be without my dog now, the last 5 years have flown by.
I am lucky though due to our lass being a lady of leisure,it means there is always someone in the house with jack, it really isn't fair to have a dog then leave it alone all the time.
here is a good rule guide for anyone thinking of buying a dog, it may be a bit soppy for some but it makes perfect sense.
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...sg=AFQjCNHJSioy6RE05EiVS0uJzDTTDAYePg&cad=rja

Mine is currently trying to be a lapdog.

It's a bit breezy here ATM and like most dogs she doesn't like it.

The new dog:

Max%20March%202015_zpslb6ybkt5.jpg

We took it for a test drive today........

I made up a name - Maximilian Thunderbolt.......but we probably just call him max....

Or they took him for a proper test drive running behind the family car (Just like National Lampoons vacation lol)

Only kidding Besoeker, he looks like a happy dog, well done.

The test drive was a march around the perimeter of a field next to the dog centre.
Lively. But does't bark or even growl - or chase cats as far as we can tell.

Looks a bit scared to me, look at the body language. I reckon he's going to need a bit of work but treat right (which he will be) he'll be fine
When we first took him out, we were complete strangers to him.
But he was perfectly comfortable with us.

Looks a bit scared to me, look at the body language. I reckon he's going to need a bit of work but treat right (which he will be) he'll be fine
if i were a dog and saw me for the first time, i'd be a bit wary.

No matter what pet you have, give them a little extra cuddle tonight from us . We just had our big, brave, beautiful lad put to sleep this afternoon. I'm busy trying to numb the hurt with alcohol but it doesn't seem to be working just now.
Here's him on the beach

Attachments

• tao beach.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 51
i feel for you, trev. it's always a big hurt.

We took the dog out again today. It is getting more comfortable us.
It's young and, being cooped up in a kennel most of the day, it is naturally exuberant when it has a chance to get out. At about 25kg and muscular, restraining it needs a firm hand.

We know it will be a bit of work but we are prepared to put that in for a doge with an even temperament. As I said, it doesn't bark, growl or bite and reacts well to affection.

It needs a good home - we can give it that.

Reply to What pets do you have, and what pets have you had? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net