Discuss What plug for 3ph compressor in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all iv bought a Clarke xe18/200 3phase compressor it’s 4 hp and 50hz it was hard wired so didn’t come with a plug or flex what amp 5 pin plug do I need and what size flex attached is the details of the amp age , can you help
Many thanks

Attachments

• A93926BF-9477-4DEB-ADA6-3465C2FFF553.png
    372.1 KB · Views: 19

Full product description​

The Clarke Industrial duty air compressor range has a superb reputation for long term reliability and performance. This particular unit features solid construction, a wired in direct on line starter, full 150psi MWP and a heavy duty electric motor. This highly efficient, slow running 'V' belt drive unit offers dependable service the world over for a huge number of commercial, industrial and automotive users.
It is recommended that this air compressor is fitted with heavy-duty anti vibration floor mountings which are available to purchase here
This compressor must be run from a 40 Amp supply minimum.

Full product description​

The Clarke Industrial duty air compressor range has a superb reputation for long term reliability and performance. This particular unit features solid construction, a wired in direct on line starter, full 150psi MWP and a heavy duty electric motor. This highly efficient, slow running 'V' belt drive unit offers dependable service the world over for a huge number of commercial, industrial and automotive users.
It is recommended that this air compressor is fitted with heavy-duty anti vibration floor mountings which are available to purchase here
This compressor must be run from a 40 Amp supply minimum.
Thanks in the board the fuse is 45amp so should I just hard wire it instead of using a plug and socket also what size cable 4mm or 6mm
Cheers

What type of cable is fitted and how many cores does it have?

I would be putting that on a 16A plug and socket if it were my machine.
2.5mm 4 core flex

That plate shows suggested fuse ratings which take into account start up current the full load run current of that motor will be less than 10A.

Reply to What plug for 3ph compressor in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net