Discuss What Qualifications do I need? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

swaley

Hi I have recently obtained my City and Guilds 2330 level 2 & 3, also my 17th edition wiring regs after almost 4 years at college. Im interested in going out alone doing domestic work, just to clear things up do I need to sit my part p. Its a bit of a grey area. Like others on this site im finding it hard to get employed due to my lack of experience. cheers

Realistically you have all the qualifications you need. If you are looking to be an employee of a company it is likely that the company you join will be able to self certify for Part P purposes. Even if you were to go it alone you could do domestic work without any further qualifications but you would need to get the majority of your domestic work inspected by the local authority. If you were to go it alone then there may be the requirement to get assessed by an appropriate organisation and there are others far better qualified on this forum to advise you on this.

My advice is keep plugging away at electrical contractors in your area, something will turn up.

Good luck with your search and let us know what happens.

with the qauls you have mate you would be accepted by NICEIC for their domestic installer scheme however you might struggle with your lack of practicle experience and im assuming lack of testing experience,as Tony says keep plugging away at local electrical firms and something will come your way but might take a while.good luck.

Hi I have recently obtained my City and Guilds 2330 level 2 & 3, also my 17th edition wiring regs after almost 4 years at college. Im interested in going out alone doing domestic work, just to clear things up do I need to sit my part p. Its a bit of a grey area. Like others on this site im finding it hard to get employed due to my lack of experience. cheers

As has been stated a number of times now Part P is NOT a qualification but a building regulation.

You can become a member of a scheme run by NICEIC, NAPIT or another by someone else to certify your work if it is domestic to Part P but if commercial you don't need to be.

Reply to What Qualifications do I need? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock