Discuss What rate are the energy suppliers currently paying? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

provr6

I've 2 questions really.

1) We are all waiting the outcome of the supreme court appeal (if its even granted) but what are the energy companies paying to those after 1st April 2012 for people who installed between 12th Dec 2011 and 3rd March 2012? is it 21p or 43p?

2) If your FIT Contract states 21p, will you definitely get 43p if the Govt lose the appeal? My concern is that you have signed an agrement at 21p and the energy companies could say tough luck? Is this likely or am I being a bit paranoid?

I have seen a British gas Contract today for a customer it does actully state 43.3P on Contract for 25 years
Install was on 29th Feb 2012 !!!

SO it looks like 43.3p for them

Pretty sure they are paying the 43p for all installs between 12th Dec and March 3rd. The Government did say thought that if they win at the supreme court they reserve the right to change this rate. Doubt they will

Same here, my British Gas system installed on the 2nd Feb with an eligibility date of 11th Feb states 43.3p for 25 years.

DECC have stated on their website that all installs between 12th dec and 3rd March will receive 43p pending their supreme court appeal. If they win their appeal they reserve the right to reduce this at some point in the future (although they won't necessarily)

So at the minimum you should get 43p for 2 years (the estimated time for the case to reach the courts),

but the contact between British gas and the customer will be signed at 43.3p for 25 years so once contract is signed your locked in for 25 years !!!

But I guess all the terms and conditions need reading first

Reply to What rate are the energy suppliers currently paying? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net