Discuss what registered scheme in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DurhamSparky

RIGHT DECISION TIME!

do i go

TRUST MARK via ECA/ELECSA (government scheme) nominal fee of £40 quid i think stand to be corrected

TrustMark : find reliable, trustworthy tradesmen : Government Endorsed Standards

OR

DURHAM COUNTY REGISTERED TRADER SCHEME (local trading standards scheme that Vets contractors including CRB checks and the like and More importantly its local and local people like that! especially when its ran by council) cost = £150 first year and £90 each subsequent year!

Registered Trader Scheme - Homepage

Hmmm well the trustmark thing looks good on my car and all my cards etc, but if your local scheme is well-known in the area it's probably more likely to benefit you... mind you, for a local thing £150 is a bit bloody steep! What do you get for that?

its only £150for fisrt year as you pay for your disclosure check (crb etc)

after that its £90 quid..

my Gardner friend is on the scheme and he gets load of work via the council from Age Concern and the likes!! also gets a few housing association jobs to tidy/pave gardens for disabled / elderly!!

he told me about it!

Who is running it?
Durham County Council Trading Standards Service will run the scheme, in conjunction with the County’s Community Safety team, the Police and other agencies in the voluntary, public and private sector.

Last edited by a moderator:
and i like this reason to join from there site

An improved relationship with the Trading Standards Service based on co-operation instead of enforcement.

From a work potential from council etc go with the local one to you trustmark in your area would be a waste of time in my opinion.

Chris

I'm a member of mine.....only really applies to council work though and it isn't a must either as other contractors carry out works for the counci lwithout being memebers of the scheme.

Other bodies such as police, fire, schools etc still require me to have an independant CRB check when it's needed.

Yours sounds much more value for money.

oh right cool,

i looked at trust mark but have seen some horror storys about some contractors on that scheme!! lol.. thanks to builders from hell and them programs :p

i only want to join so i can have the sticker and badge on my stuff to make people feel at ease and trust me more than the next guy! :D especially with the older people

i only want to join so i can have the sticker and badge on my stuff to make people feel at ease and trust me more than the next guy! :D especially with the older people

Believe me it does carry weight in the smaller communities, particularly as you say with the older clientele.

Yea sounds tidy, getting on the age concern et al wagon can only be a good thing. Do they do them in every area? Wonder if my council does one.

Ha ha yea I'm a recyclist. I would be anyway, but it is imposed on us by our benevolent fathers in the council building. You know you hear all those stories about people being prosecuted for putting things in the wrong bin? Well, they all come from Newport.

Think they've added another bin to that lot since the picture was taken.

EDIT: Another two - a big one for garden waste and a little brown one for meat products. Nazis, I tell thee.

EDIT VOL II: Aww and the old company's van opposite. Reminds me of a time when I had a regular income.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol... i dont mind them giving us stuff but in your street where do you fit all them bins!! lol..! CRAZY!!

i had a nice fence built with enclosure for bin and recycle bag & Box... within 10 days of fence completing i had another bin dropped off for garden waste!!

ARGH!!!!

Lol ain't that always the way! We don't have the luxury of a front garden, but our back garden is massive and with a great view over the 'port, which is actually nice believe it or not.

i like the local authority one. crb check also gives the customer the piece of mind. throw in the trading standards name and that fills them with confidence. even at £150 if you get a couple of small bits it`s paid for itself mate.

Durham i have been trustmark and ive been on the trading standard scheme, and for me it was a no brainer , i picked up work from having the trading standards logo and advertising, but i have never had a customer ring up and say they had got my name through the trustmark scheme,,

simples

cheers Chaps, My cheque is in the post to DCC for my company to be vetted.

shame the paperwork is not as easy! but all complete and many happy days of trust and rewards will be upon me! (hopefully)

will leave trustmark at the side of the road for time been!

Reply to what registered scheme in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net