Discuss What should be the code for this - C2 or C3 in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Julie.

Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Since Electrician's forums are promoting this as a wiring example :
What should be the code for this - C2 or C3 ef2 - EletriciansForums.net

What code should it be given
C2 for exposed insulation
C3 for device not in its enclosure
C2 for no earth/CPC
C3 for wrong wiring colours
C2 for incorrect identification of line conductor
C3 for mixture of devices (if there was an enclosure)
C2 for no overcurrent protection
C3 for no RCD protection

need I go on?

Not being picky, but this is suppose to be a professional forum, that is advertising a scam product with just about the most appalling examples of wiring .

What do visitors think of this?

Since Electrician's forums are promoting this as a wiring example :
View attachment 90580

What code should it be given
C2 for exposed insulation
C3 for device not in its enclosure
C2 for no earth/CPC
C3 for wrong wiring colours
C2 for incorrect identification of line conductor
C3 for mixture of devices (if there was an enclosure)
C2 for no overcurrent protection
C3 for no RCD protection

need I go on?

Not being picky, but this is suppose to be a professional forum, that is advertising a scam product with just about the most appalling examples of wiring .

What do visitors think of this?
I think the forum is getting bigger and bigger which means more scam adverts will appear. Better policing is required, but the level of that policing depends on the morals of the owner and if they are more concerned with money or peoples safety.

It was just such adverts here that made me seek advice to get rid of them...and thanks to a forum member i no longer see them. However, the point you make is valid...no-one should see adverts for trash that is a scam, on a forum like this one.
A member of the Men's Shed charity asked me if I could PA test a device that was given to another member in exchange for some minor work in her house. It was a Power Saver device...plug it into any socket and reduce you electricity bills by ÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁS. I declined. It was binned.
The donor was an elderly woman who had paid ÂŁ100 for the device.

When you click on the link on that particular advert….. that’s exactly what you get. A plug in power saver device that somehow smooths out the sin wave of AC and apparently reduces the wastage, thus reducing bills.
I’m sure Lucien or Marconi could punch a few holes in their technical reasoning.

Yes. @Dan, can you stop these stupid Voltex ads appearing? As mentioned above the 'product' itself is a scam and the ads show unrelated pictures of nonsensical and dangerous electrical practice.

I am bored with having three identical ads in Polish for the same Polish electrical course showing on the same page, but perhaps they are useful to someone. Voltex is useful to no-one and to have this misinformation displayed on an electrical forum is a kick in the teeth for those of us who try to provide safe, constructive and honest advice to visitors.

Yeah… and posting images of the ads is even more confusing when I’m trying to navigate.

I would like to say that these same ads appear on other websites, not just the forum.

I don’t think it’s entirely up to Dan to stop them…. It’s the browser code from Safari, Edge or whatever that allows them in.

When you click on the link on that particular advert….. that’s exactly what you get. A plug in power saver device that somehow smooths out the sin wave of AC and apparently reduces the wastage, thus reducing bills.
I’m sure Lucien or Marconi could punch a few holes in their technical reasoning.
I've found age has flattened my sin wave.

I am all for waving at sin!

Cos it's more fun than having arguments about hyperbolic ads for pf correction.

Last edited:
Wait a sec, I just need to look up some more trig functions...

Reply to What should be the code for this - C2 or C3 in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock