Discuss What should I do. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

buzzlightyear

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
what would you do, light fitting off the wall
customer cleaning it. Found no earth on cable, rewire a few years ago
A, disconnected and tell the customer to
Recall the spark in
B, refit the light not connected.
C, leave the light fitting down and show
Cables.
By the way no rcd protection of cables buired in the walls nice to see a good job.

Recall the spark in
Cables.
By the way no rcd protection of cables buired in the walls nice to see a good job.
Make Safe lock off supply, quote for repairs, go home await customer calls.

A, B and C.
Show the customer what the issue is and describe in layman's terms the danger, make safe re-instate it, advise customer to get the previous electrician to return to rectify. Issue customer an estimate to rectify also.

D,
put a class 2 light fitting up as a temporary fix, write report pointing out faults and provide quote to repair and test.

are you sure there in't a cpc that's been snipped off short?

Stick it back up it doesn’t belong to you it is theirs, tell them you know it needs sorting out and give a price and mind your own business and get on to the next job

Stick it back up it doesn’t belong to you it is theirs, tell them you know it needs sorting out and give a price and mind your own business and get on to the next job
the case is no earth's on the light fitting put in a idiot spark a rewire a couple of years.
So either stick back no earth to the fitting so a protentional. So my call disconnect all to gather. No rcd protection lucky the customer did not electrcute them self's. . Hang off the wall,live hung out. shoot me down if you think it wrong.
[automerge]1599767645[/automerge]
Had a call from the customers brother im a builder.
Why did you not put the earth back. Me ask the idiot did the wiring.

the case is no earth's on the light fitting put in a idiot spark a rewire a couple of years.
So either stick back no earth to the fitting so a protentional. So my call disconnect all to gather. No rcd protection lucky the customer did not electrcute them self's. . Hang off the wall,live hung out. shoot me down if you think it wrong.
[automerge]1599767645[/automerge]
Had a call from the customers brother im a builder.
Why did you not put the earth back. Me ask the idiot did the wiring.
If you came around my house and took a wall light down and then refused to put it back up again I’d clip you around the ear lol, as I suggested, give them a quote to put the work right and leave their property alone

Recall the spark in
Cables.
We may not have the power that Gas people do to isolate things, though we can of course explain and persuade, and ensure that it is noted that they had been told.

I assume the fitting was Class 1? Personally I'd have fitted wago or similar to the end of the wall light cable that was off until a solution could be found, but left the rest of the lighting functioning while warning them of the dangers (especially if metal light switches, etc). Then followed up with something in writing via post or email - and told them to show that to the previous spark.

Put light back up , place bin bag over light , wrap in hazard warning tape and about 2 dozen warning labels saying no earth present...
Walk round rest of house and cost up for full rewire and then leave bill for bin bag , tape & stickers along with quote for rewire on the kitchen worktop...

move on to next Job

In addition to the earlier advice - take some photos - one set for the client and one set for you - and a short ditty why you did not re-connect or isolated said fitting.

What puzzles me brother ring im a builder
and I'm the idiot for not wiring back up the light fitting, go on builder there is only one way of planting a brick on motor.
3 phase or single phase Buzz, motor that is:D:):smilingimp::smilingimp:

Reply to What should I do. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock