Discuss What size armoured cable in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Don

Hi need advise on cable 25 meters run underground for additional consumer unit in garden outbuilding to acomodate 9Kw sauna heater 10kw water heater 3double sockets 6 down lights and 4 outside lights?Thanks in advance .

25mm. that should do. a separate supply might be a good idea.

yeah, well from you posted, you need 100A supply. don't think the average house supply can take that much extra load, unless they got 3 phase.

yup agree with 25mm2, however without getting the BGB out now haha, come on it is Christmas eve, I suspect a16mm2 may will do the job, well maybe, but 25mm2 sounds right and what I would put in.

agree with biff, although 25mm2 is right, well probably right it is best to consider the capacity, too many beers and a thick head is clouding the judgement at the moment haha

And how to consider the capacity ?what i can do is only wire cables but not connecting them .I was suggested Henley on main incoming 100amp then 25mm armoured cable. But know Consider capacity??

A few questions for you....
Find out if the water heater will be used simultaneously with the sauna??
I'm taking it that this would be an electric shower type load??
What sort of loads are going to be supplied by the socket outlets??
What sort of outside light fittings, eg, not halogen 500W floods i hope...lol!! ??
What earthing arrangement do you have??

And how to consider the capacity ?what i can do is only wire cables but not connecting them .I was suggested Henley on main incoming 100amp then 25mm armoured cable. But know Consider capacity??

You wire this supply then you are responsible for the design included expected demand on existing etc etc .... if the main cutout was to operate because you hadn't taken into account the load demand then you could be liable for all costs relating to the rectification and DNO callout.
P.s. just because the cutout carrier may state 100amps dosn't mean the fuse within is that rating so at some point here you will need to liase with the DNO to so the allowance you have to start with.

Yet another chancer with not a clue what he's doing.
Look is not your business chancer or not I'm asking because half electricians I called to give me quate came with lots of bul...et you need that and you need that because law states this is how should be and at the end they want 1000 for two days work it's ripp off because I know basics

Look is not your business chancer or not I'm asking because half electricians I called to give me quate came with lots of bul...et you need that and you need that because law states this is how should be and at the end they want 1000 for two days work it's ripp off because I know basics

If you know it, just run it all yourself and connect it up and then you may just find out what the 1000ish quid was for. Have you priced up the cable?

I've just installed some 16mm SWA to my own garage and let me tell you, to do it properly it is not cheap.

well, don. you should have given more info in your 1st post. it sounded as though you were a sparks that wanted his design work doing for him. what cable size did these sparks quote for?

Never had customer say 'that's cheap' after giving them a quote.
They want it done for nothing, hear's a perfect example.
Wouldn't be surprised if the OP attempts a DIY solution.

Armoured cable will be over £200 of that £1000, plus all the other bits. All the other qualified electricians are telling you how it should be, yet you who only know the 'basics' think that you are right and they are wrong? You can afford a sauna, outside luxury living space, but want to cut corners getting it powered up?

How much do you pay for a service on your luxury car>

Joker

Reply to What size armoured cable in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net