Discuss What size is this supply? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Do you think the capitalists now running our utilities are whiter than snow?

They aren't sending blokes out in the middle of the night with increasingly small fuse sizes.

You don't use the word 'scamdemic' by any chance do you?

Have not seen him yet. He was assessing going all electric with an EV charger. I asked him if his supply was man enough. So it is with him. If and when I will report back what the DNO says.

As a few have noticed, it looks like a full 100A supply with a 60A fuse, so it would be interesting what they say.

Have not seen him yet. He was assessing going all electric with an EV charger. I asked him if his supply was man enough. So it is with him. If and when I will report back what the DNO says.

As a few have noticed, it looks like a full 100A supply with a 60A fuse, so it would be interesting what they say.

Can you give references for the posts from these few people.

Some EV chargers come with load shedding now… (or is that most chargers?)
So having a 60A main fuse shouldn’t be a problem.
Indeed.
A sign a thread is getting a bit long...when nothing seems to be being taken on board...and early answers get repeated again! (post #10)
Having just read all 52 previous posts, I gently suggest you are the only person who thinks it looks like that.
For once, a bunch of electricians actually all unanimously agree on something - that is an ex-parrot a 60A supply.

Bear in mind you have to apply to connect with advance permission from the DNO to have more than 60A per phase with an EV.

Indeed.
A sign a thread is getting a bit long...when nothing seems to be being taken on board...and early answers get repeated again! (post #10)

Having just read all 52 previous posts, I gently suggest you are the only person who thinks it looks like that.
For once, a bunch of electricians actually all unanimously agree on something - that is an ex-parrot a 60A supply.
No. Most thought it looked like a 100A carrier and tails and supply cables but clearly a 60A fuse..

Some EV chargers come with load shedding now… (or is that most chargers?)
They measure the total load of the house and will cut off the charger if someone turns the shower on or something… to decrease the total load at any one time.

So having a 60A main fuse shouldn’t be a problem.
That is the case with many. But if going all electric, with a 7kW plus induction hob and maybe an 11.5kW instant electric water heater or 9Kw immersion, electric UFH and a Quooker tap, etc. Something like a Garo may need to be used to de-prioritize the heating. Assuming the EV charger has integrated load shedding, if not then that will need de-prioritizing with the likes of a Garo,

That is if it is limited to 60A. If the supply can get to 100A then matters are easier, as been mentioned in the thread.

Reply to What size is this supply? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock