SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss What they trying to achieve here then? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

davesparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Well they've taken a PILC sheath connection which was fitted incorrectly originally and made it worse by wedging what looks like a 16mm behind the wedge.

Baddegg

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
Advent Win
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Perhaps they didn't have a waste carriers licence so left the rubbish in place?!
Yep loads of old cable left in the back as well...
Well they've taken a PILC sheath connection which was fitted incorrectly originally and made it worse by wedging what looks like a 16mm behind the wedge.
Yep 16mm...

Matthewd29

-
Arms
Esteemed
How could anyone possibly have been happy with that completed board I don't understand how people are allowed to carry out work like this it's so frustrating.

Baddegg

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
Advent Win
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Didn’t feel the need for gas n water bonds either 😂

FatAlan

-
Trainee
It’s a new style supply isolator. You tie the cable to the back of your car and then floor it to break the connection. :cool:

snowhead

-
Mentor
Bet the installer was really sick when he saw that.
He's done the most perfect job 🤮 then found that a Gas fitter had sneeked in and moved the meter.

Must have been gut wrenching as he got on his (or her) horse.

freddo

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
Our gas supplier wasn't happy that our meter was on a meter shelf and not a meter bracket. I'm not sure what he thought was going to happen, the meter was up out the way and plumbed in copper pipe... He made it safe by removing the shelf, fitting a bracket and fixing it to the wall with one screw. :)

Pete999

-
Arms
Esteemed
Our gas supplier wasn't happy that out meter was on a meter shelf and not a meter bracket. I'm not sure what he thought was going to happen, the meter was up out the way and plumbed in copper pipe... He made it safe by removing the shelf, fitting a bracket and fixing it to the wall with one screw. :)
That figures jobsworth types peev me orf

davesparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I'm not sure what he thought was going to happen,
You can remove the meter and turn it around or bypass it if it is on a shelf. The brackets should have shear bolts which prevent the meter being removed without making it obvious that it has been tampered with.
Post automatically merged:

Why it's safe on the floor, isn't it???????
It's safe but far too easy to steal gas, the bracket prevents this.

Reply to What they trying to achieve here then? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
Top Bottom