Discuss What to avoid and who are the cowboys in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

the pict

-
Mentor
Reaction score
I have a customer who is considering solar PV but its not my thing so as above what advice can you folks give me to pass on, if any one would consider an install on Arran drop me your details in a PM
Pict

a skilled pro will analyze the power usage and do a detailed inspection of the roof and the attic to verify that it is structurally sound and will design the system to suit the needs of the customer.
they will also advise the customer about possible future requirements.
I would be wary of anyone who promises fast installs above all else.

a skilled pro will analyze the power usage and do a detailed inspection of the roof and the attic to verify that it is structurally sound and will design the system to suit the needs of the customer.
they will also advise the customer about possible future requirements.
I would be wary of anyone who promises fast installs above all else.

Deary,deary me...we are talking UK PV,here...an altogether more "variable" proposition :(

As if i need any further proof,a fella who lives opposite my dad,had a 5kW array installed,when the FIT was at it's height. It was a December,and we watched them struggle in bad weather,and evenings with headlamps on the lads:eek: to fit before the deadline.

It points east,has a building shading from that side,and on the south edge,there is a mature Ash tree,which i estimate at 90-110 years old,so,there during repping:rolleyes:

The fella is whinging,due to the local authority (responsible for said tree) not allowing him to remove it,on the grounds of shading his panels.

I like the man,but would be happy if the LA made him pay,to plant another 10....AND leave the original alone.

I could point out a couple of dozen similar travesties,with a 5 minute drive,of my house...what a carry-on :rolleyes:

At least the "smart" meter roll-out,is forging along,with no issues o_O

@PEG I think you are talking about the very cowboys the OP is trying to avoid.

These particular cowboys,were a dominant,regional outfit,with fully liveried crews and vehicles,and a fair sized advertising budget...

Sometimes,the very worst cowboys,don't roll into town,on an old nag...they sneek past us all,on a giant fleet of flashy stallions,off the back of a PR wave...a la BG ;)

Reply to What to avoid and who are the cowboys in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net