Discuss What to do with electrical waste from jobs? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

Bit of a boring one for you!!

I had been working for the same company since i qualified 15 odd years ago. I have now left and set up my own business its it has dawned on me that I have nowhere for the general waste generated by jobs to go! For the company i have just left we had a range of skips at the main office for different types of waste, i dont have the space or money for that, Where do you guys take your waste from jobs?

Thank you all for your time!!

Jon

Hi all,

Bit of a boring one for you!!

I had been working for the same company since i qualified 15 odd years ago. I have now left and set up my own business its it has dawned on me that I have nowhere for the general waste generated by jobs to go! For the company i have just left we had a range of skips at the main office for different types of waste, i dont have the space or money for that, Where do you guys take your waste from jobs?

Thank you all for your time!!

Jon
Small jobs I literally mash everything up , bag it and put in either the customers black bin or my black bin

Anything that won't get in the bin , I ask the customer to dispose of at the tip

If it was a really big job like a full re-wire then I would price a small hippo bag into the job and put on the customers drive

Last edited:
Small jobs I literally mash everything up , bag it and put in either the customers black bin or my black bin

Anything that won't get in the bin , I ask the customer to dispose of at the tip

If it was a really big job like a full re-wire then I would price a small hippo bag into the job and put on the customers drive
Lovely thanks for that, cheers!

Also don't forget , any cable you rip out if it is modern twin n earth , strip it on your days off , put all the bright copper in a bag and take to the scrap yard at Christmas. The cash will buy you a couple cases of beer for the festive period

Also don't forget , any cable you rip out if it is modern twin n earth , strip it on your days off , put all the bright copper in a bag and take to the scrap yard at Christmas. The cash will buy you a couple cases of beer for the festive period

Don't take it at Christmas as every trade does this and scrap merchants know this so just before christmas they lower their prices a bit.. Just a little tip.. I am sure not all scrap metal places do this.

Reply to What to do with electrical waste from jobs? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net