Discuss What type of fuse is this? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Stever_777

Hi guys, can anyone tell me what type of fuse this is and the current rating?

The only thing written on the fuse is BICC and Made In England
photo.JPG
Thanks

Seal was already cut....HONESTLY.......have pulled the fuse and found no more info on back guys.

Would the supplier tell me the rating?

Personally I wouldn't touch it. The supply side is massively dangerous as it'll be fused at 100s of amps back at the sub-station so a short circuit could cause an arc blast that'll take your face off and set fire to your house. The DNO sparkies tend to wear some serious PPE when pulling these fuses.

Personally I wouldn't touch it. The supply side is massively dangerous as it'll be fused at 100s of amps back at the sub-station so a short circuit could cause an arc blast that'll take your face off and set fire to your house. The DNO sparkies tend to wear some serious PPE when pulling these fuses.

With a modern unit like that the chances are very remote if it’s done with no load. With old porcelain carriers then I’d agree with you.

Seal was already cut....HONESTLY.......have pulled the fuse and found no more info on back guys.

Would the supplier tell me the rating?

IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH OR HAVE BEEN TRAINED ( you obviously havent been traind nor are you IMO Competant to "PULL" a DNO fuse as you dont know enough about it not even that it requires opening to locate the fuse i realy WORRY ABOUT PEOPLE SOMETIMES ffs

Reply to What type of fuse is this? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all Please can anyone tell me the type and breaking capacity of a 60amp bs5419 isolator fuse like you'd find in a sub main for a flat. thank...
Replies
Views
I have a question which is confusing me and I cannot find a definitive answer and I hope someone can help. So I have a PC and Monitor and I have...
Replies
Views
Bit of a long shot on here but does anyone have a circuit diagram for a Chavin Arnoux CA 6545 5kV tester? I've copied my post on EEVBLOG forum...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Been browsing these forums for a while, always great to learn a new way to skin the same cat. Anyway, cut a long story short, was an...
Replies
Views
Evening all, I'm relatively new to the trade and have just moved house. Looking to rewire and was looking at a few things, could someone tell me...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock