Discuss What type of fuse & what rating is this? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

God knows whats in there, may even be old 3036's.

As Paul said if it's sealed I would go opening it up unless was absolutely necessary

Metesco was the old metropolitan electricity supply company.

Just put NV and that's it.
The DNO will not know, you cannot find it legally thus you cannot verify (NV-Not verified).
If the DNO are willing to come out and check then let you now fine.
Mind, if may have a fused N in which case the DNO are in heap big trouble end of!

i would say that a call to DNO is appropriate. ask for a service head upgrade. as paul has said, there is the possibility of a fused N. also 3036 fuse at 30A which is way underreated by todays standards

i would say that a call to DNO is appropriate. ask for a service head upgrade. as paul has said, there is the possibility of a fused N. also 3036 fuse at 30A which is way underreated by todays standards

I think you will find there is a ceramic wire fuseholder last one I had seen gad a 2.5 copper cable across it and the guy I was helping was just going to put down 60 amp rated until I said better check as there is no seal anyway

Another thing to take into account due to age ASBESTOS ??? apart from the legals and safety aspects of porcilane fuse carriers
Call DNO and request upgrading as there is a funny smell coming from it :)

Just put NV and that's it.
The DNO will not know, you cannot find it legally thus you cannot verify (NV-Not verified).
If the DNO are willing to come out and check then let you now fine.
Mind, if may have a fused N in which case the DNO are in heap big trouble end of!
I will put "N/V" as you have advised but is it the general practice where you could not figure out the fuse type? Makes me feel like I am "shooting in the dark"

How come DNOs have to replace electric and gas meters every say 10 years but when they do there is a perfect oppertunity to report back on the main incomer and these types of head ends should be eradicated

How come DNOs have to replace electric and gas meters every say 10 years but when they do there is a perfect oppertunity to report back on the main incomer and these types of head ends should be eradicated

There private companies now ...right!! What your suggesting will eat into the profits if they had to replace all the old obsolete service heads etc!! In today's world money as in profit, always seem to rule!!!

Since when have they replaced meters every 10 ten years??

Reply to What type of fuse & what rating is this? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net