Discuss What Wholesalers do you use in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi what wholesalers do you use and what sort of discounts do you expect?
Anybody use denmans? I am finding some of Electricfix prices are better than my wholesaler is this normal?

I tend to use Western Electrical (South West) mostly. I too find Screwfix/Electicfix sometimes beat their price but other times, no where near. City Electrical Factors seem ok but haven't used them as much.

In my experience they all differ wildly in price. I use electrifix as I know what the bill will be. meteor electrical is a site sponsor and I was really impressed with the products and price, definately worth considering if you are getting enough items to qualify for the free postage. cef can surprise me as sometimes they are really good on price and other times sky high, I think you just have to barter with the wholesalers a bit and TBH I cant be bothered, hence the electrifix catalogue lol..

In my opinion Denmans are the best,dug me out of a hole a few times,also if you ask for the best price they can give you,they always give around 40% or more on there catalogue much cheaper than cef or wilts and more friendly .

We swear by denmans..... but again HAGGLE!!!!

They deliver all over that place for us so saves us on diesel and time. They'll even bring 1 lamp or a pack of cable ties. First class service!

Use Meteor a lot these days, first class service. Yet to get a delivery wrong for me either (touch wood!), which was a CEF speciality!

Wilts,TLC and Electricfix/Screwfix.Prices pretty much the same but don't all stock the same things, like Wilts don't do Wago but TLC do.

Hi what wholesalers do you use and what sort of discounts do you expect?
Anybody use denmans? I am finding some of Electricfix prices are better than my wholesaler is this normal?

A few years ago, I had Denman's in Chelmsford quote for a job.
I based in Manchester, went to collect the materials and they had very little of it
I went elsewhere

Thanks for the replies!

I have been using Denmans mostly but find myself using screwfix more often, I called Denmans recently for the best price on a storage heater the price they came back with was £100 dearer than 1st price I found on internet, so now I find myself having to check all their prices each time I order then going back haggling? IMHO best price should be best price for a regular customer?

Now getting a account with Newey and Eyre and then CEF and see who can quote me cheapest!:bucktooth:

My local CEF prices are stupid. Go to the other branch 8 miles away and they are miles cheaper. Also don't like the gear they sell, sockets etc their own brand cak.

Just recently started using TN Robinson, have pretty much beaten most of Electricfix prices, good price on all cable and as I use Click mode switches and sockets now 99% of the time, they do this at stonking prices.

Will also deliver your stuff as they have a van out every day

80% independent wholesaler, unbeatable all round service and most prices very competitive.

Rest is from Denmans, Wilts, TLC, Westons - CEF is an absolute joke !!

Generally I use Ross (Newey & Eyre)

Good crowd & very helpful. Always stocked & well priced. Will match anyone.

Have to join in...CEF is a joke!

I find with wholesalers it's all to do with the value of your orders and the credit limit on your account.

Reply to What Wholesalers do you use in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock