Discuss What would you do testing? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Looking for some advice, doing more work industrial after only ever doing domestic, now this job for instance added x2 32amp commando sockets in kitchen for appliances from kitchen DB, so EIC for example, now these sites are nightmare to ever get access into mains room would you just use kitchen DB as your mains? Rather get into mains but takes longer than doing the job on these sort of places.
Thanks

Hi Bradley - it really depends on the capacity of the local DB. If there’s a couple of spare ways and the existing loading is not too high then the existing DB would be my preference too. The thing to keep in mind with commercial kitchens is it’s best to start from the assumption that all appliances are always on.

Can you say a little more about the layout of the place. Kitchens (commercial) always seem to be operating at max capacity in my experience and normally seeking to extend that capacity above the ability of the system it's coming off of. For that reason I would feel strongly that access to the item supplying the kitchen DB sub main is necessary to ensure that the capacity of the supply is adequate for any additions. As stated above by @Wilko assume the worst in terms of diversity. For all you know it may be coming off of a wylex 60A fuse and no one considered the future demand (usual!) and just kept adding stuff.

Reply to What would you do testing? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I was asked to see why a set of sockets weren’t working in the house (which appear to be a ring circuit based on breakers) There was no power on...
Replies
Views
I'll start by saying - I have absolutely no intention of doing any wiring or anything electrical myself. You get someone professional to do a...
Replies
Views
Doing a lot of EICRs at the moment and have came across what I'm sure is a common enough problem. In an off grid rural cottage I have a TT system...
Replies
Views
So a quick catch up so you can get an idea… I was asked to do a job for another electrician, as he is too busy. I’m busy myself but said I’d...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster here. Straight down to it.. A friend asked me to add some sockets and additional lights to a small...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock