Discuss What's happened to the Format of the Forums in the Electricians Forums Suggestions area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Too much text showing altogether for me.
Much prefer a list of the thread name only without so much of the latest post on show. Forever scrolling down to the next .
Agree about the notifications, too.

The forum had major issues the other night and Dan had to use a backup to restore it, presumably why it's look has changed.
They are / were still working on the original problem, which hopefully will restore it to the more recent view.

Another seven days and not sorted, if this is going to be the new look can someone advise us please?

All back to normal now on a laptop, as far as I can tell.
Only thing that's annoying me now is the 60 second auto refresh on the "what's new" page.
Scroll slowly down, looking for interesting threads that I may have missed, and it suddenly jumps back to the top.

All back to normal now on a laptop, as far as I can tell.
Only thing that's annoying me now is the 60 second auto refresh on the "what's new" page.
Scroll slowly down, looking for interesting threads that I may have missed, and it suddenly jumps back to the top.
You can turn that off.
What's happened to the Format of the Forums Screenshot_20211216-003134_Edge - EletriciansForums.net

You can turn that off.
View attachment 93040
You can turn that off in your account preferences.

The other stuff I'll get to. I can shorten the snippets of text and things.

The wife and I have two new desks coming Friday and we're converting the front room into the office so we will get stuff done much much quicker.

Hang in there. It's all customisable. I can do ANYTHING. (toots own horn)

All seems fine now for me on Android phone. Much better, cheers.

The Forum seems to keep changing its format, very difficult to navigate now, lots of text in the dropdown box's and the top banner scrolls up with navigation so notifications are not visible until you scroll back to the top, definitely not an improvement IMO.

exactly ...does my nut...

Too much text showing altogether for me.
Much prefer a list of the thread name only without so much of the latest post on show. Forever scrolling down to the next .
Agree about the notifications, too.

I feel as though I'm at the funfair, the screen updates every minute and tends to zip back upto the top newest posts. However, not as sleepy as some websites....

The snippet of text it shows in forums has been shortened so there's less of it but it's still showing you what's in the thread before clicking it.

Is that making it better?

Keep me informed and I'll change some settings for you. The forum software has been upgraded and we were a few digits behind so it's just a case of flicking a few switches :D

TilersForums.com has lost their smilies - trying to recover them today so they're suffering there oops. lol

Dan in essence we don't need any text, its sufficient that some text appears when you hover over the title, the main pain is having to scroll all the way to the top to find additional notifications after you have been into one already notified because the black top banner disappears when you scroll down.

Dan in essence we don't need any text, its sufficient that some text appears when you hover over the title, the main pain is having to scroll all the way to the top to find additional notifications after you have been into one already notified because the black top banner disappears when you scroll down.
Try that now.

The text is staying but I've managed to move the what's new to the bar that scrolls with you. :)

Reply to What's happened to the Format of the Forums in the Electricians Forums Suggestions area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock