Discuss What's needed for domestic if already qualified and have 2391? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

westy77

Hi guys, I'm already qualified as apprentice trained (NG Bailey) to 17th edition (new, C&G parts 1&2 and AM2) and have 2391 test/inspect. I worked on industrial/commercial from 91-2008 then moved over to periodic inspections. I've been out of it the last three years to bring our daughter up till she starts school this Sept. I could just step back into the inspections, but I've been considering other options. I've never done domestic, but thinking about setting up working for my self. Main question is, what extra qualifications would I need?

none. just learn how to take up floors and put them back as if a plumber has not been, and donate loads of cash to a scam.

none. just learn how to take up floors and put them back as if a plumber has not been, and donate loads of cash to a scam.

So so none of this Part P I hear of?

Not it sure I understand the "donate loads of cash to a scam" bit?

That is the part p bit. Join a scheme as the most cost effective way of reporting notifiable work to your local building control.

That is the part p bit. Join a scheme as the most cost effective way of reporting notifiable work to your local building control.

Ah gotcha. So if if I want to do anything from rewires down to adding a circuit I have to join one of these schemes?

You should go to the planning portal and download approved document p. In it is detailed the scope of notifiable work in dwellings. New circuits, CU changes, and work in bathroom location zones is included in the version applicable in England.

You should go to the planning portal and download approved document p. In it is detailed the scope of notifiable work in dwellings. New circuits, CU changes, and work in bathroom location zones is included in the version applicable in England.

Ok will do, thank you for the help.

Niceic domestic installer. You'll need a job of a decent size, 2 new circuits. Just upgrade a family members or friends house. CU upgrade, bonding add a lighting, radial circuit etc. And use that as your assessment. If you check out their website it will list costs and what you need. Eg insurance, set of testers with calibration cert, certain publications. It's not hard in the slightest. I'd probably jump on some agency work (job gov website has loads) for now to just get back into it and get some cash through the door. You'll need a bit of time build up contacts and rep. So it's handy to have some kind of money coming in until you're at the stage where you are mainly doing your own stuff. Sites like check a trade can help.

Reply to What's needed for domestic if already qualified and have 2391? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net