Discuss Whats the best drill deal ? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

k.k

-
Reaction score
Need to be buying myself a nice cordless. Needs to be an all rounder with staying power, but with the price right. What drill do you recommend ?:):)

I would avoid a combi drill as most will struggle with concrete and hard red brick. You can now get really good quality, lightweight cordless SDS drills from Panasonic, Bosch and Hilti which will take the same batteries as the drill/driver from the same range.

This set has had nothing but great reviews : Panasonic Drill Driver / SDS Rotary HammerTwin Pack EY7441 LZ2S and EY7840X

A decent combi/driver package will cost around £300-£350 for lithium, so it is not too much more for the SDS versions.

if you are going to use drill for chiselling, forget battery drills. for a fraction of the cost a good 110v rotary stop sds wont go flat on your 2nd chase/back box fit.

I would avoid a combi drill as most will struggle with concrete and hard red brick. You can now get really good quality, lightweight cordless SDS drills from Panasonic, Bosch and Hilti which will take the same batteries as the drill/driver from the same range.

This set has had nothing but great reviews : Panasonic Drill Driver / SDS Rotary HammerTwin Pack EY7441 LZ2S and EY7840X

A decent combi/driver package will cost around £300-£350 for lithium, so it is not too much more for the SDS versions.

Just had a look at the link, and they seem like an excellent package. I think these could be worth investing in , as both would get a lot of usage. perhaps also i could obtain a SDS on 110 if need be ( seems to make sense on the bigger chases). thanks for your advice Esky

Fantastic units and the sds will do many jobs before you need to charge it .

But the combi drill is heavy . so also think about a nice little one as well otherwise get ready fir sore wrists !

I've got a dewalt combi drill which was on offer in b&q, £90 and it's brilliant, struggles on brick, but otherwise great for small jobs.

I'll second BLBelfasts Hitatchi mention. All my kit is Hitatchi and it's great, SDS, impact driver (in fact it is a bit lethal on Power mode, tends to destroy screws rather than remove them :)) ) and the hammer drills.

All lovely

I always used to insist on a combi drill, it was only when i was upgrading my kit sometime ago that i realised that the amount of masonary drilling i did with it was minimal, anything masonary needed drilling was done with the 24v, or 110v sds, i went for an 18v drill driver which was lighter and a hell of alot cheaper.

Help, advise and guidance please guy's. My SDS is on her last legs (240v cheapo!!) and my battery drill is only good for screws (Black & Decker special).

I've got about £500 to spend so what should I be looking for? Ideally, something powerful enough for drilling masonary (Fuse board changes etc) and an SDS for chasing and back boxes. I want them all to be battery, nothing requiring mains supply. Is there any combi packs you could recommend for that sort of money??

Reply to Whats the best drill deal ? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net