Discuss What's the cheapest 17th Edition course that is recognised? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

K

Kingbroady

Hi.

I've been messed around by the college I studied at regarding the 17th Edition. They've doubled the price after promising it to us.

Therefore, I've been looking elsewhere at doing it and have found:

City and Guilds 2382 Home Study

Does anyone have any experience of this and are these recognised in the trade, please?

Any help appreciated.

Hi.

I've been messed around by the college I studied at regarding the 17th Edition. They've doubled the price after promising it to us.

Therefore, I've been looking elsewhere at doing it and have found:

City and Guilds 2382 Home Study

Does anyone have any experience of this and are these recognised in the trade, please?

Any help appreciated.

Looks ok, but you must appreciate this is just a study pack

I like the bit where they say "just book into a C&G approved centre to sit the exam"

Here's a tip - ring around and give it a go!

I am the Training Manager for a C&G approved centre in Cardiff, I recently had a guy who just wanted to sit the 2382 exam - he travelled all the way from Surry to south Wales to sit the exam with us

why? Because we were the only C&G approved centre that would let him!

the vast majority are coomercial businesses who want you to sit a full course - and why wouldnt they, they are companies not charities.

I did it as a 'favour' to this student, we charged him a nominal fee, but once we had paid the C&G exam fee, we made virtually nothing out of it - it did not even cover the 2 hours of our time invigilating the xam, admin fees, cost of sending out the certificate etc.

So, ring around, and best of luck;)

They're asking £305, inc. book. It is cheaper than anywhere else I can find but it was half that price and now they've increased it. No point cutting my nose off ay?

I would like to tell them to stick it now, so will look around to try and find a centre in Leeds.

Thanks for your help.

Cannock college in staffs doing it at 150 quid and an excellent tutor 2 nights / week tues and thurs 3 hours/night for 10 weeks.
if you live in or near the area

Actually Shakey, I dont think you are the only centre that allows only Exams only as I went to a centre very close to me, proved I had done the 16th Edition and they were happy for me to the exam only, and I have just had the certificate back within a couple of weeks.

I wondered at the time if they wanted me to prove I had studied for the exam, but I just told them I had read the NICEIC guide and that was that, pity more places arent like that I say.

Cheers Johny

Actually Shakey, I dont think you are the only centre that allows only Exams only as I went to a centre very close to me, proved I had done the 16th Edition and they were happy for me to the exam only, and I have just had the certificate back within a couple of weeks.

I wondered at the time if they wanted me to prove I had studied for the exam, but I just told them I had read the NICEIC guide and that was that, pity more places arent like that I say.

Cheers Johny

hi Johnny

I didnt mean to imply that we were the only centre that did it, there are others, but not many!

I had a guy from Birmingham last week, and i have had enquiries from Kent, Devon, North Wales, all over the place.

More and more people are taking the exam only option now, I had an equiry for 25 candidates last week!:rolleyes:

as i posted at the time ; i did the course for the 17th under home study and used a training centre in oldham for the exam cant now remember costs but the course was about 50 and the exam about 80 i think have a look through my previous posts ,if they havent been deleted......

done mine lambeth college cost me£265 just got there 2008/2009 prospectus it gone down to £158 its like anything shop around goodluck

Bought BS7671 from college libary £45.00

Looked at information from my scheme provider and the web for changes to the 16th edition. Free

Went to local college and sat exam. £38.50

It really depends what you want in terms of quality. I also read the main changes to the 16th. I then went to a local College for 10 weeks. The lecturer was good but not confident. I sat the exam and passed ok

Two weeks later my company sent us on a course delivered by the NICEIC. Probably three times the price but ony 3.5 days. What a difference in delivery. These guys were the bees knees. The four of us passed with ease with 100% in each category. I also came out understanding the regs

as i posted at the time ; i did the course for the 17th under home study and used a training centre in oldham for the exam cant now remember costs but the course was about 50 and the exam about 80 i think have a look through my previous posts ,if they havent been deleted......
Hi can you tell me witch collage in oldham you did the 17th at, trying to do mine but they all want the full fee of around £500.

Hello all.I'm currently living in Birmingham UK searching for a job.I'm a qualified electrical engineer.
Can anybody tell me where i should head to get the 17th edition course?
I need the cheapest way because i have not so much money left.
Thanks in advance,
Lefteris.

For an extra £200 You might as well do the three day couse in an approved centre with a lecturer and get a crap sandwich with it!

or just sit the exam its only 45 pounds lol just get a regs book and some tags to key pages, ive done it so have loads, the course is a big waste of money at 300 pounds plus, hey if you do fail it first time around just re sit it lol still cheaper than paying 300 pound plus

or just sit the exam its only 45 pounds lol just get a regs book and some tags to key pages, ive done it so have loads, the course is a big waste of money at 300 pounds plus, hey if you do fail it first time around just re sit it lol still cheaper than paying 300 pound plus

But if you read the thread a lot of training centres/colleges will not let you do the exam only,

Speaking to elecsa they said my NVQ has the 17th incorporated into it. I thought it was a separate entity?
I want to do just the exam but my college said they won't let me because if I fail (I'm confident I won't) it goes against them.
Slightly annoying but hey that's life. I've shopped around cheapest was 100 + vat just for the exam... Anyone else know centres close to Cambridge that do it?

Reply to What's the cheapest 17th Edition course that is recognised? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock