Discuss What's the cheapest you've heard of? in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Sounds like a business opportunity to me. Any PAT testing you get you can just send this dude. Charge the customer normal rates and you can loaf in front of the TV all day whilst making a fortune.

its only going to get worse, until nobody does it anymore.
The customer wouldnt blink if you said "20p an item" they would just go out and ask somebody else to offer it for 18p an item then come back to you and say "so and so" said they can do it for 18p an item, can you do it for 16p????????? no?? ok then I'LL just get the other guy..........are you still here!

Heard cheap prices before but this takes a prize for stupidity!

Full test 67p
Visual only 55p

Anyone heard worse?

I'd hate to start slagging other people in the industry but there's only one way I can see that guy making living and thats by not performing the tests properly.

That kind of thing will give us all a bad name and only serve to drive the prices down for everyone.

Reply to What's the cheapest you've heard of? in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Trying to organise a CU replacement at home. It's a 1930s property. It's got a 10way CU but with no RCD protection. Was after a larger unit with...
Replies
Views
Not something I use often, but I've got to install additional terminals to I can link out to other enclosures... Stupidly I've left work and...
Replies
Views
I have a question ! I have a list of osciloscopes put aside for more than 15 years, and the cheapest of them all, the price winner, is FNIRSI...
Replies
Views
Had an EV charger installed in July last year. It’s wired directly off the mains. Since end of November anytime I plug the car in to charge, the...
Replies
Views
So I just started out recently and I’m struggling with what to price myself at. It’s worth noting I live in the east London area and I’m looking...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock