Discuss Whats the difference in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

No real difference between the 2.

The only thing i can think of is the H I cu has extra terminals in the cpc bar.

On a roll tonight then Pete:D

I think high integrity boards are split into 3 sets of ways, two of which are RCD protected and one set which could be protected by individual RCBOs or if the rules permit just by mcbs.

Agreed.

The Main switch ways are usually for circuits such as smoke detectors and alarm systems etc, which should be on their own circuit but still may require 30mA protection via RCBO's.

just bought 1 from screwfix on friday a wylex duel rcd 17th edition board with 10 free double sockets and 5 light fittings i plan on using it to set up a test board so that i can learn how to test curcuits properley as iam doing my city in guilds 2392 Fundamental Inspection, Testing & Initial Verification in the next month

just 1 thing lenny from the isolator their are to links that go into both of the rcd`s lets say i wanted to but a mcb on just for the freezer but i dont what it to be on the rcd side incase of tripping what should i do ?

sorry if this sounds stupid but iam stupid :)
but looking at it it seems that all curcuits are protected by the rcds that from mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Mike.

With a dual RCD board all circuits are protected by one of the RCD's, as they only have 2 sets of earth and neutral bars. The only way you could get an un-RCD protected way would be to take out all the RCD's and split load kits and re-fit them with only the main switch and one of the RCD's in the style of the old type 16th split load boards.

With a high integrity board you have 3 sets of earth and neutral bars and usually 2 un-protected ways on the main switch for the smoke circuits.

Cheers

Reply to Whats the difference in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock