Discuss Whats the furthest you've travelled for a simple job? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Emergency lighting?

That's the height of stupidity, surely there was someone on the continent who was capable of swapping a few 12v 7Ah batteries.

I would see into if it if you were commissioning some high end machinery, but this is just wasteful.
It was only to do a 3 hour duration test lol.

Got to have a licence to wipe ur --- out here. You must have a verification of competency to turn a light switch off

I have to travel from Bristol to near Edinburgh in Scotland on Monday, all just to look at a motorised satellite dish on a hospitality trailer that is not working......

I would so love it, if I find out its just a loose cable...

Im not so sure on the economics, however as a good employee, I shall do as im told....
Was the trip worth it financially? or was it a mates job?

I had to do some work in the next village, it was at the bottom of the vale. House was at the end of the road, and I had to pass a deep hole next to a tree; there was a owl in the hole. What was I thinking, my wife my children. I could of been stuck down that hole, with the owl till the middle of the night.

@Charlie_ , I don’t think the IOM is a country.... unless you’re trying to go independent like Scotland.

Next stop. Entry at the European song contest!

@Charlie_ , I don’t think the IOM is a country.... unless you’re trying to go independent like Scotland.

Next stop. Entry at the European song contest!

Really, don’t be coming over here saying that to the locals, they will have you up ‘ango hill’
Friday was a bank holiday here in the iom.. the reason? Tynwald Day, the day of our National Assembly...

10538 miles, Melbourne, machine temperature control failure. Pointed out the line in the manual saying "protect from direct sunlight" drew the blinds, two hours to confirm it was OK and back home. Didn't even have to cycle the power.:rolleyes:

Was the trip worth it financially? or was it a mates job?

No way, its more a case of keeping a major sports entity happy, for when a big job (involving 100's of thousands of £) comes along.

I worked out it would have cost easily £700 for me to be sent, just to take a look!

Anyway, I got there on Monday and decided it was toast! Water ingress into the circuit board.

And now today have the lovely job of driving up to Northern Ireland (where the trailer now is) today with a brand new dish to fit tomorrow!

Had to fly to Texas due to one of our engineers leaving some test code in a PLC and forgot to remove it before leaving site.

20 hours travelling there, 20min on site. Steak dinner, back on the plane home the next day.

300 mile round trip today to reset an RCBO..

3 DSOs on a horizontal ledge.

Me "whats the likelihood someone has knoked a coffee over?"

Embarrassed looks all round.

Did a full set of tests to show willing but really, does nobody ask these questions.

Drove from belfast to Galway to unplug a 2kw heater and plug a new one in. 7 hour round trip don't know how they made money that day

Ive now got to drive to Spa in Belgium this evening to replace a bloody Macerator in a trailer tomorrow!!

Think this will be a ---- Job.......

Reply to Whats the furthest you've travelled for a simple job? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock