Discuss What's the going rate for a decent plasterer daily rate? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi, I got my house that needs skimming. 2 guy's have come out to quote job. According to them job should take 5 days. Price one guy quoted for just labour is obscene. More than an electrician.

1400 for hallways both upstairs and downstairs. Knocked down to 1100.

10×14ft bedroom, without ceiling or one large wall as I'm getting fitted wardrobes all along. Price quoted 380.

What should I be paying, location derby, east Midlands.

A legit time served skilled plasterer will typically charge around £300 per day in my area

I had my bathroom completely re tiled last year and the guy was superb. He charged £3oo per day which included any trim , spacers and adhesive, grout he used. I just supplied the tiles.
The finish was worth every penny.

Be wary of some tradespeople who talk a good talk but their work is shockingly poor.

Around 200 to 300 per day without the cost of materials. Price quoted seems about right.

I'm afraid its one of those trade for skilled young men which you can't just do into retirement hence the price.

5 days plastering with 2 chaps = £2000 (approx).
You have a good price if the total is £1480.

The guy I work with, he finishes of a bathroom in under a day easily, that's with new boards installed etc. He works in 500k+ houses so finishing has to be v.good.

Bathroom shouldn't take 2 days, not a chance.
Unfortunately he's working away

I pay our plasterers £240 a day in Essex depending on what they are doing, materials are peanuts. However if I was you I would be getting a price for the complete job and don't pay them until it is finished, plasterers have been known to be slow on a day rate!

I pay our plasterers £240 a day in Essex depending on what they are doing, materials are peanuts. However if I was you I would be getting a price for the complete job and don't pay them until it is finished, plasterers have been known to be slow on a day rate!
As will everyone else on a day rate, common sense should tell you that.

Anyone seen a decent spread use s speed skim?
It don’t take em long to earn good money......still f£&kin hard work though! Good luck to em I say

The trade where prices have shot up in my area is painter decorators , I have chatted with a few and one block is now charging £400 per day.

I remember the days when you could get a painter in for 60 quid a day

As others have said, my only question would be speed? Is there much prep work required before the skimming or any bonding? Recently had a team in and one guy skimmed a reasonable sized living room ceiling by lunch time.

Reply to What's the going rate for a decent plasterer daily rate? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock