CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss What’s the going rates for the below instalation in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi just starting out working for my self after 10 years on the rail and I’m at a total loss at what the going rates are I don’t want to go in to high .I have been asked price up to Run a supply to a Bar in a garden, but due to the location of the distribution board in the house It would be easier to install a enclosure next to the meter And split the meter tails . The run is 35m to the bar so I was going to install a 6mm SWA cable protected by a 50amp 100m/a RCBO then install a 4 way DB with a 40amp 30m/a RCD mainswitch in the bar with a 20amp radial with 5 x double sockets 1 x lighting circuit. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Only reason I was going to install the 100m/a was to help with the discrimination from the 30m/a in the bar

TJ Anderson

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Why are you sizing cable for 50A capacity?? Ib for distribution circuit .....approx 22A

1. 20A for socket outlets as could be fully loaded so base on MCB,
2. Say.......2A for lighting

Protective device only needs to be equal or greater than design current ....

16mm for a 22A Ib 35M away.......No! :)

6mm is more than enough for CCC and VD. Zs for ADS you can work out as I don't know your Ze.

As already said don't RCD front end. 30mA Main Switch RCD in sub board. Put B40A on dist circuit as it is the highest you can go and will discriminate better with the B20 in sub board on SC'S.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why are you sizing cable for 50A capacity?? Ib for distribution circuit .....approx 22A

1. 20A for socket outlets as could be fully loaded so base on MCB,
2. Say.......2A for lighting

Protective device only needs to be equal or greater than design current ....

16mm for a 22A Ib 35M away.......No! :)

6mm is more than enough for CCC and VD. Zs for ADS you can work out as I don't know your Ze.

As already said don't RCD front end. 30mA Main Switch RCD in sub board. Put B40A on dist circuit as it is the highest you can go and will discriminate better with the B20 in sub board on SC'S.
Hi TJ thanks

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Reply to What’s the going rates for the below instalation in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom