Discuss Whats the scrap prices in your area ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

JD6400

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
I have got to get around to doing another scrap run soon as it did not get done before Christmas because of the price drop !
The trouble is finding the best price , I find if you phone around they can vary by as much as ££££s per ton for bright within a 10 - 20 mile radius ?
And how one yard will give £££s per ton more for house hold but £££s per ton less for swa and bright compared to the one literally next door to it .
What are others finding the price's like for bright and house hold around the county ?

I got £1.45 per kg yesterday for household in Leeds.

Wish I was the plumber infront of me, should have seen the back of his van, it was like Steptoe & son. He got £2600, not bad for a man in a council van cough cough.

Last edited:

Wish I was the plumber infront of me, should have seen the back of his van, it was like Steptoe & son. He got £2600, not bad for a man in a council van cough cough.

Council Van - I wonder if he gave the cash to the accounts department????????

Council Van - I wonder if he gave the cash to the accounts department????????

Not a chance Murdoch. Looks like he did the same as us and waited after Xmas to weigh in. Think he may have been storing it for a few months, the amount of copper heaters and pipes that he had.

I'm not knocking the guy, I'm just jealous.

I got £1200 a tonne for household at the beginning of this month at AG Evans in Wigginton.

Was it Bramalls in Leeds? they always give the best prices around there. We tried Eric France once, he offered us 70p a Kg, went to Bramalls, they gave us £1.30 a KG and the bloke at Bramalls said Mr France weighs all his scrap in there. No wonder he could afford to plaster half naked girls all over advertisements around Wakefield.

If you are near to sheffield, emrltd. com give the best prices, thats where all local scrap dealers sell theirs to. The site is huge, Looks like they have one in Leeds too

Last edited by a moderator:
Was it Bramalls in Leeds? they always give the best prices around there. We tried Eric France once, he offered us 70p a Kg, went to Bramalls, they gave us £1.30 a KG and the bloke at Bramalls said Mr France weighs all his scrap in there. No wonder he could afford to plaster half naked girls all over advertisements around Wakefield.

I go to European metal recycling Pontefract road (yellow building left hand side just after the BP station).

I collect a few Kebabs from the healthy eating shop tonight :)
and the scrap man followed me in
His price is
Unstriped £1700 ton
high grade £2000 ton (I think he means plumbers pipe)
Bright wire £4650 ton

apparently the price went down today but will be going back up over the next few days

apparently the cash payment for scrap is being stopped in April, and his industry thinks the bottom will fall out of his business as we don't want to pay tax on our scrap money

Its true regarding cash payments. It's supposed to stop the amount of metal thefts there is at the moment. With recession folks are nipping down the railway line and throwing some swa over the tracks for a quick buck and kebab. I think there has been some fires caused in the old mills too with people thieving and burning cable in the buildings. Its going to be hard to do though as scrap men have always dealt in cash, they cannnot just walk into the bank with it can they.

Its true regarding cash payments. It's supposed to stop the amount of metal thefts there is at the moment. With recession folks are nipping down the railway line and throwing some swa over the tracks for a quick buck and kebab. I think there has been some fires caused in the old mills too with people thieving and burning cable in the buildings. Its going to be hard to do though as scrap men have always dealt in cash, they cannnot just walk into the bank with it can they.

If they have a shotgun under their arm they might get a decent price for it though.:gunsmilie:

Reply to Whats the scrap prices in your area ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock